Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL

2019 Naish Boxer Feedback ?

Postby ap888 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 am

I am very interested in buying this kite in the future I would like to hear what owners have to say about it I really like the high tensel thread for high pressure + Quad Tex + Luff Strut+ the battens keeping the flutter down on the lift area for maximum depower/top end..
Can one feel the luff strut compared to other single strut without... how is the top end on the kite?

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2019 Naish Boxer Feedback ?

Postby RalfsB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:44 pm

I can't tell about 2019 but the previous version (2017/2018) is really good, my favorite kite, I have 9m and 12m. They feel a bit more powerful than higher aspect kites of those sizes I owned before (9m RRD Addiction, 13m Gaastra Jet) and the top end of Boxer seems a bit lower than those (since the bottom end is also lower). Boxers are fast turning and easy to generate power when you need it. The luff strut works fine, the kite canopy is stable and very rarely flutters. Also the water drainage system works well, easy to relaunch from water. Depower is really good. Highly recommended.

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm

I have a 5m Naish Boxer 2019 and love it. I use if for foiling as well as on a surfboard and twin tip when it's windy. I'm surprised how much I use it especially on the twin tip. Usually after the wind picks up a bit much for the foil to be comfortable and I can't be arsed to rig another kite. Big floaty jumps too.
I'm 65kg live in a fairly windy area and love a small fast kite. Highly recommended :thumb:

riddim1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Australia
Favorite Beaches: Spot X
Style: wave, foil
Gear: Naish, Firewire, Duotone, Lift
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby riddim1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 am

Recently got a 19/20 Boxer 5m and had it out for the first time in what I hoped would be perfect 18-20 knots. Unfortunately the wind didn’t come in as expected but I went out anyway to test the lower limits.

Don’t think anyone on the beach had much hope for me as others were out on 8-12m kites. The wind was around the 15 knot mark. Was on foil after the first down stroke. I was surprised at how much power it produced after the initial turn. I thought it would have turned quicker being a 5m. I perceived it being slower to turn after bar input. It starts with an arching kite turn around the wing tips. The last part of the turn is extremely quick however and produces a power spike which aids in getting on-foil quickly. It’s the smallest kite I’ve ever owned and thought I’d struggle with timing but I found it easy to adapt to.

I am 87kgs and was riding a Lift 170 Classic (1100cm2), a 91cm mast, 100cm pocket board. I would normal be on my 7m wave kite in these conditions. This experience has changed my perception again on what is possible on a foil. My larger kite is the 10m 19/20 Boxer. I now think all local conditions are now covered with these two one-strut kites (9-25 knots).

Return to “Reviews”