Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

2020 Cabrinha Switchblade vs AV8

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 pm

In 2020 Cabrinha has two kite that both claim to jump huge, have loads of hangtime and rock upwind. The cabrinha Switchblade and the New Av8. You’re probably thinking to yourself, great, another new kite making all the same claims as pretty much every new kite and… You're not wrong.

We’ve had our hands on the Av8 for a few months now and we’ve been testing. This new kite is being touted as a big air machine and a rocking race kite for you hydrofoilers. So the real question here is where do these two kite stack up against one another? Which one is right for you? And maybe most important, which one jumps better?

joaogtm
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Manguinhos, ES, Brazil.
Favorite Beaches: Mnaguinhos, ES, Brazil. Barra do Itabapoana, Brazil.
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Core XR5 13.5m, Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2020 Cabrinha Switchblade vs AV8

Postby joaogtm » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:50 am

Hey, I have 2 Apollos, one 16m and the other 10m. This is an amazing boosting and hangtime machine, but the 10m simply can't handle some real strong winds or kiteloops, ending up colapsing in the air. I guess its very high aspect and flat arc makes it prone to this flaw. So my question is, the AV8 is the same kite as Apollo, just renamed, or is it a new and stronger shape, with a new pulleyless bridle set?

Return to “Reviews”