Rare Poster
Local Beach: German Baltic
Gear: Best TS V8 / Naish pivot / groove
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Short impressions Best TS V8 7/9

Postby Foilandfly » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:26 am

Hello folks,
Just want to give you an short overview on the new Best ts V8.

I used to ride best earlier. Since they were off from the market I choosed the Naish pivot.

I ordered on the early bird package. Two kites. 9 and 7 with one bar.
Classic 3 strut design. The kite has a very good finish like old best kites. It uses 3 line cloth. The valve is the normal one. Nothing special. I think it is to small. Had problems to deflate the kite quickly.

So far I only used the kites for foiling. This worked great. They both are very stabile and easy going. Absolutely a kite that flys like I should be.

On 12 o’clock position it stays stable too. When the wind drops you have to fly it to give it an extra lift. But the wind is so low that twin tip riding is not possible anymore. It’s more in the condition that foiling starts with 9 qm.

On those low wind conditions I was not able to start the kite in deep water. I was not able to get the tip in the air. I think I’m low wind it’s not possible to start the kite. But other tumbes I have been riding before had the same problem. In these conditions you should take a non tube kite. I choose my Flysurfer 10 qm for low wind days.

Loops are very important on a foil. The kite is doing a good turning job. You can turn the kite in every situation. Just loops with long arms make the cloth of the kite flutter. This could be better but does not really effect your riding. The kite follows your instructions in every situation. Even the 7 qm is not to quick. I like that. That gives you more chances to correct the kite.

When you go downwind the kite drifts very good. Even when there ist not line tension it is waiting for you.

Jumping with that kite is very easy too. That kite gives you a great lift and drops you smoothly. No let go of n the air. Not as smooth like the Flysurfer but good enough for lots of fun.

Design... i work as a Designer. In my opinion the the design could be much better. For me it does not look like a brand new kite. Rather like a kite from 2015. The colours and grafics could be more modern. I do not like the the saying on it.

Hope you could get a short impression. So far I could not find any information in the net.
I love the kites and will keep on kitesurfing with them.

Thanks and enjoy riding.
Attachments
A0EC518E-DEE4-4ECA-A0CB-CCE7FC3B8770.jpeg
015A1BA3-C769-4C73-B9A9-7299C6AD93F8.jpeg
These users thanked the author Foilandfly for the post (total 2):
Leon van Bergen (Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:25 pm) • Massivemick (Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:10 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Short impressions Best TS V8 7/9

Postby Leon van Bergen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Nice review, thanks for the effort!

CCMV
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa - Zahara de los Atunes - Caños de Meca
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla, Isla Canela, Valdevaqueros, Caños de Meca, Zahara de los Atunes
Style: Freestyle - Freeride
Gear: Best TS

Postby CCMV » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Foilandfly, nice feedback!

I just bought a TS V8 and we had a blast! I tested it in Dakhla in +30 knots and these are my thoughts on it:

•My main feeling: this kite is more focused on freestyle & wave than the previous model (V7). 🌊🆗 It hasn´t got written "waves" in the canopy (as previous models) but we tested it at the Point D´Or and it performed really well.

I found it really similar to my Slingshot RPM 👉 both are open-C kites. My friend @antoniooms rides Cabrinha FX and he said they are pretty much the same. These types of kites, although being freestyle-cross over kites, are very versatile 🔝

✅New model has got 3 ribs, is lighter than the V7 and holds the gusts really well. It has a bit more bar pressure which makes you feel more power in jumps-turns-carves...

🤔 Inflation valve is a bit cumbersome, but without major problems (better V7). The bar is pretty simple and easy to roll, although the grip of the bar is a bit rough.

➡Best TS V8 is one of the most versatile kites in the market, and without a doubt the kite with the highest value for money out there◀

PS: I love the new design 😍
These users thanked the author CCMV for the post:
Massivemick (Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

CCMV
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa - Zahara de los Atunes - Caños de Meca
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla, Isla Canela, Valdevaqueros, Caños de Meca, Zahara de los Atunes
Style: Freestyle - Freeride
Gear: Best TS

Postby CCMV » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 pm

CCMV wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi Foilandfly, nice feedback!

I just bought a TS V8 and we had a blast! I tested it in Dakhla in +30 knots and these are my thoughts on it:

•My main feeling: this kite is more focused on freestyle & wave than the previous model (V7). 🌊🆗 It hasn´t got written "waves" in the canopy (as previous models) but we tested it at the Point D´Or and it performed really well.

I found it really similar to my Slingshot RPM 👉 both are open-C kites. My friend @antoniooms rides Cabrinha FX and he said they are pretty much the same. These types of kites, although being freestyle-cross over kites, are very versatile 🔝

✅New model has got 3 ribs, is lighter than the V7 and holds the gusts really well. It has a bit more bar pressure which makes you feel more power in jumps-turns-carves...

🤔 Inflation valve is a bit cumbersome, but without major problems (better V7). The bar is pretty simple and easy to roll, although the grip of the bar is a bit rough.

➡Best TS V8 is one of the most versatile kites in the market, and without a doubt the kite with the highest value for money out there◀

PS: I love the new design 😍
Attachments
YO EDITADA 6.png
IMG_1680.JPG

Return to “Reviews”