Flysurfer Sonic 3 11m - Best Big Air Flatwater Easily

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Sonic 3 11m - Best Big Air Flatwater Easily

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Is there Miami issues with the wing tips folding in on the 11m sonic 3? I saw someone on r1 and the tips folded loads. Cause it’s thinner to an the soul do they fold lots?

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 am

To the author did you try the 13m as well for comparisons and which was better for boosting?

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:45 pm

Just Pulled the trigger on a 13m sonic 3. Took it for its maiden voyage tonight.light wind as was worried about the launch. Need not have worried though. I was shocked as well at how fast it inflated. Way faster than my soul.
Extremely stable in the sky. I flew it on a 50cm bar and definitely think it will benefit when I switch to my 55cm one as the steering was slightly slow. I also didn’t quite have the bar line lengths trimmed properly. Can’t wait to tweak it some more tomorrow. The air time was awesome though considering it was so light. Was able to do back roll one foot outs with loads of time to spare and I have only ever been able to do the odd one or two before. Super stocked. Can’t wait to try some more new tricks. :-)

mr-markus
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Netherlands Maasvlakte,Rockanje
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Ozone R1V3 19m,
Gin Spirit 15, Gin Spirit 12,Gin Instinct HB 10, Gin Spirit 10, Ten Velox 8m, Ten Velox 10m, Vantage Vulture 7, Moses Fluente, Crazy Fly Chill, Lieuwe Shotgun ,Flysurfer Radical 7 and lots and lots other things.
Brand Affiliation: myself

Postby mr-markus » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:22 am

personally i prefer the 11 above the 13. have them both but the 11 is way more lively.(obvious its smaller) When it comes to lowend there much the same on my tt.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:00 pm

What about hangtime between them? I wanted the 11m. Just wasn’t any about I could afford. I got a bit of a bargain on the 13m. Like new but for good money.
Had it out again tonight and I really enjoyed it again. Though I did get the dreaded wingtip stuck in the bridles somehow and couldn’t get it out. Was in deep water too. Had to body drag for ages but just as I got to the beach hot a wind shadow and whilst trying to yank the centre lines and one outer line the kite fell from the sky bit then the wing tip suddenly popped back out and I was able to get back without doing the long walk of shame o thought I was going to have to do. Love the hang time though definitely more than the soul. Nice being able to do foot out tricks just a couple feet off the water. I couldn’t do that with my 10m soul v1.

BigBoyTonic
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Europe
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere where it is not too busy
Style: fun, fun fun
Gear: Mix of kites and boards, love Flysurfer kites and carbonboards from Boardschmiede, HighFiveCarbonBoards, Spleene
Has thanked: 0

Postby BigBoyTonic » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Hi - to all the Sonice 3 lovers out here (I am also one)
can the new Sonic 4 really be significantly better?
I really love my 11 and my 15 Sonic 3 and have difficulties to imagine that the S4 can be much better ???

Return to “Reviews”