Has thanked: 0

Re: Vantage Vulture 12m Review

Postby Thorick » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:10 pm

ADLucio wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 pm
leeuwen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm
@ADLucio
Well, to be fair, you are trying to make a huge deal out of something that everyone that is in the sport for some time already is aware off and accepted to be the reality of things.
And no, that is not a broken kite or valve, its just incompatible with the pump-hose you happen to have.
In the process you look like you are aiming to damage a brand, who actually went above and beyond what most companies would do trying to support you.

Juergens post is relevant because if you would have kited for say 10 years you would know that today's inflation system are, although not always compatible, a godsend compared to what you had back then.
Pumping kites with tiny valves and no single inflation system sucks big time compared to what we have today even if it means you need to buy and extra pump/hose/adapter.

Can it be improved? Sure, but that is not up to Vantage kites (because what is the standard? there is none) but the industry as a whole.
There are a lot more incompatibilities in the kite market that I would like to see go away:
With bars: low V, High Y, different knots vs loop setups
With boards: nope your brand X boots or pads don't always fit with brand Y boards.
Saying the product is broken in any of the cases is an outright lie/slander.
Things are getting diverted here and going on the wrong direction ... That's sad!

"Saying the product is broken in any of the cases is an outright lie/slander."

I didn't say at any moment that I got a product broken or that I cannot use! So, I am not the liar here I believe... also, @ leeuwen do you have the product in your hand, did you see it, did you ship it to me ? No, I guess ...
My problem here, is an issue on a new product that is not working as is supposed to be when you buy it at Full price Brand new. I was trying to solve it straight with Vantage but instead, Them and their "buddies" are trying to blame me and my pump again and again, that's ridiculous ... we cannot consider it as a serious Business.
I just hope that this post stays up for a while to people have an idea what they will get on the face if they have even a minimum problem with this brand.
Meanwhile, I will get that and live with it, because discussing with people that have no idea of what they are talking about is a waste of time.

I am already screwed anyway.
Good luck all!

Screwed.... I would strongly suggest you learn how to “screw” your hose on a commonly used inflate valve... “Speaking about standardization” Once you got the hang of it, you will probably reconsider your contribution on this forum.

I think how you’ve initiated this post, by bashing a brand without valid reason is asking for these types of responses.

A lesson for Vantage? I think add a adapter that hopefully fits all hose connectors out there 😂😂 never underestimate the power of stupidity. Make that valve of yours even more fool proof 🤪

@ADLucio, please review another kite too! hilarious nonsense ... 🤣

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:14 pm

ADLucio wrote:
I didn't say at any moment that I got a product broken or that I cannot use!
Technically speaking you are not using the word yes. But you are the one making a big fuss about the "issue" as if the product is unusable (even creating a logo).
ADLucio wrote:
So, I am not the liar here I believe... also, @ leeuwen do you have the product in your hand, did you see it, did you ship it to me ? No, I guess ...
No I never touched that kite but I am totally familiar with the pump hose issues since its common all over the kite market.
Anyone who has had exposure to multiple kite brands or lend/borrowed a kite pump on a beach will likely be familiar with it.
ADLucio wrote:
My problem here, is an issue on a new product that is not working as is supposed to be when you buy it at Full price Brand new.
Again you are not using the word broken here but we are talking semantics here because the words certainly imply broken.
At least in my book "not working as it supposed to be" and "broken" are pretty similar to me but, hey, I am not a native English speaker.
ADLucio wrote:
I was trying to solve it straight with Vantage but instead, Them and their "buddies" are trying to blame me and my pump again and again, that's ridiculous ... we cannot consider it as a serious Business.
It is like complaining to Duotone that the Core pump hose won't fit or the other way around. I guess by your reasoning neither are a serious Business?
Maybe with the feedback here from people who don't have connections with Vantage confirming it is true what Vantage is saying you should start to consider maybe Vantage is actually telling the truth....
ADLucio wrote:
I just hope that this post stays up for a while to people have an idea what they will get on the face if they have even a minimum problem with this brand.
Meanwhile, I will get that and live with it, because discussing with people that have no idea of what they are talking about is a waste of time.
Well I am reading it like that they went above and beyond what is necessary with an unreasonable customer who has no clue about the reality of the kite market lack of standards and now trying to talk bad about their product.
Even a competitor kite brand (Ventum) chimed in on the forum to explain about the pump hoses and how its related to some different manufacturers who made competing standards and why your pump hose won't fit on all valves:
viewtopic.php?t=2410322&p=1141782
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:07 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

ADLucio
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Toronto
Favorite Beaches: Cherry beach - Lake Simcoe - Brazil
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Contra 15m - Vulture 12m

Postby ADLucio » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Thank you very much for your insight guys @leeuwen @juergen_90 ... but your words are not valid anymore!
The damage is already made! You are the exactly king of people they need to "succeed"! Bravo!
I hope you get gifts, discounts or even a free kite from Vantage trying to defend them ... or let's say, you are already part of the gang? Humm... maybe 🤔

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Maybe you should have had a look at my profile and my post history before throwing accusations.
I am plenty critical to many things many companies are doing even for equipment that I own myself.
I have no brand affiliation and I own and used kites by:
Fone/Gaastra/Core/KauperXT/Ocean Rodeo/Slingshot/Airrush

Guess what? If you own/use this many kite brands you experience compatibility issues including pump hoses.

You are also conveniently ignoring al my references that this is a wide spread issue, not related to Vantage, with even a link to a whole topic about it.

Maybe start listening to people who have been kiting for more then a year. Instead of thinking it’s al a conspiracy of Vantage and we are all in on it. You, someone with no posting history or much kiting experience by the looks of your profile, must be right because you tested your pump on 4 kites on your local spot and they all worked. It’s just laughable except that it’s sad because you are trying to harm a brand that really did nothing wrong.
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:00 pm)

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 am

ADLucio wrote:
I am already screwed anyway.
Good luck all!
Apparently you are very new to the game and you just didn't knew what you could expect.

Check this post and a lot will become clear viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2410322

It's sad you were not happy when receiving your products but doesn't feel like the product is broke or of poor quality. I can understand your frustration but you are blaming the wrong people here and bashing a brand isn't the way to go if they have tried to offer good service as mentioned before.

Because of your lack of experience it's hard to take your comments serious on no real changes etc as you are basing it only on the looks (which is only part of the behaviour) second there are no real "gamechangers" these days so it's also about managing expectations when buying a new set up.

I think you had a good product/service and hope you will just enjoy your equipment...believe me it's not worth it being angry with it...better to enjoy your gear and have a blast...for sure thats possible with your stuff!
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
juergen_90 (Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:30 pm)

BE_Kiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Weight: 94
Local Beach: Belgium - Heist - Anemos
Favorite Beaches: Flag Beach
Style: Free
Gear: North Reach 8,11,13 2020
North Orbit 9,12 2021
Duotone NEO 6,8,9
North Comp, Charge 2020
Nobile 666 135

Postby BE_Kiter » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 am

Your review is not really helpful.
I mis some action review and video's.

Sure, you have some collection of in depth kite and bar pics but we are 2021, kites and bar should be bullet proof nowadays.
These users thanked the author BE_Kiter for the post:
juergen_90 (Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:30 pm)

soeren76
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: freeride
Gear: Vantage vulture v2 + v3
Lieuwe shotgun
Xboard surfboard

Postby soeren76 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm

I am quite happy with the kites. Seem to be proper build quality.

Was struggeling a bit in the beginning but I guess it was partly setup, flying in light winds and getting the feel of the kite that was the problem.

Also had the valve problem but as the valves have been used a couple of times it is not a problem annymore.

Flies great, good jumping and good quality in my mind.

Only real "problem" I ahve is selflanding in light winds with anachor where it tends to tip over to its back. But that is a very small thing in my mind (in stronger winds it stays where it should).

I am flying it on a F-one linx bar withour problems (having flown F-one bandit before).

Have it is sizes 9 and 12m2 and having a blast in most sessions. So good recommendations from my side.
Last edited by soeren76 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Does your bar have a stopper?
Maybe power the kite a bit more up when self landing in lighter winds.

soeren76
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: freeride
Gear: Vantage vulture v2 + v3
Lieuwe shotgun
Xboard surfboard

Postby soeren76 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:04 pm

Good point. But I think I was all powered. Winds were basically crap so it was more a desperat hope for a session. :-D as staten it doesn't occur wind the wind is decent

Return to “Reviews”