juergen_90
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Vantage Vulture 12m Review

Postby juergen_90 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Sry but am I the only that is missing the review part here?
Pump hose are a tiresome topic since day one, that differ for lots of manufactures. I can only speak for myself, I have a Flysurfer pump and yes it doesn’t fit to the Vulture out of the box, nor most other kite brands without the appropriate adapter. But that’s a design decision made by that brand. The diameters are slightly different for most brands and there is a small degree that make a pump fit or slightly loose.

I agree, I’d had hoped to get some kind of an universal adapter or a pump from Vantage as well, but in the end it turned out that it’s faster to just get a compatible pump or adapter, i.e. Dutotone and F-One both work perfectly fine for me for the Vulture.

To be honest your so called “review” is simply a bad joke trying to ruin their business because you somehow had a bad experience. I talked to Dylan today because of this and he told me, that they even offered you a new pump that will fit on their own costs. Why not simply take their offer? I often had contact to the support for various reasons bridle settings, more technical topics in general and the response time was awsome (could depend on your time zone, the people behind are still human and need some sleep here and there ;-)). The more I read, the more I feel you haven’t even flown the kite do you? I am a supporter of honest and critical reviews, there is always some good and not so good stuff but the way you are posting here, modifying a brands logo to harm their image and posting reviews with more or less no valuable content is simply disgusting 🤮 ! But that’s just my 2 cent …
These users thanked the author juergen_90 for the post (total 2):
leeuwen (Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:32 am) • andrzej351 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:00 am)
Rating: 6.06%

ADLucio
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Toronto
Favorite Beaches: Cherry beach - Lake Simcoe - Brazil
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Contra 15m - Vulture 12m

Postby ADLucio » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:25 am

juergen_90 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Pump hose are a tiresome topic since day one, that differ for lots of manufactures. I can only speak for myself, I have a Flysurfer pump and yes it doesn’t fit to the Vulture out of the box, nor most other kite brands without the appropriate adapter. But that’s a design decision made by that brand. The diameters are slightly different for most brands and there is a small degree that make a pump fit or slightly loose.

I agree, I’d had hoped to get some kind of an universal adapter or a pump from Vantage as well, but in the end it turned out that it’s faster to just get a compatible pump or adapter, i.e. Dutotone and F-One both work perfectly fine for me for the Vulture.

To be honest your so called “review” is simply a bad joke trying to ruin their business because you somehow had a bad experience. I talked to Dylan today because of this and he told me, that they even offered you a new pump that will fit on their own costs. Why not simply take their offer? I often had contact to the support for various reasons bridle settings, more technical topics in general and the response time was awsome (could depend on your time zone, the people behind are still human and need some sleep here and there ;-)). The more I read, the more I feel you haven’t even flown the kite do you? I am a supporter of honest and critical reviews, there is always some good and not so good stuff but the way you are posting here, modifying a brands logo to harm their image and posting reviews with more or less no valuable content is simply disgusting 🤮 ! But that’s just my 2 cent …

Thank you very much for your 2 cents but it do not cover the money I spent on their product. The so called review here is only to show that I had a problem with their product and the only thing they have to offer (as you already know before everyone else here in this forum) is to blame my pump and saying that everybody that owns a kite has the same problem and they live happily with it.
Just think that selling something defective or not working properly is not a problem at all. As long the business assumes it and respect the customer for chosen them.
What is not happening here....

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 am

If you think a non fitting hose is an issue you better go talk with all of the brands, don’t single out a single manufacturer.
Reality is there is no standard so don’t expect a random
brand pump to fit on a random brand kite.
I agree that that isn’t great but singling out one brand because the pump you happen to own doesn’t have the right fit/adapter is just unfair.
If they offered a new pump hose for you that already sounds like going above what they need to do.
You don’t get a free pump/hose with any other brand. Try and get this issue solved with Duotone/Fone/Core/Cabrinha/Naish/etc and I think they will laugh in your face and point to the 50$ pump they are selling.
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post (total 2):
Kitemenn (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 am) • juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Thorick
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Style: Allround
Gear: Naish, Duotone, Vantage maybe?
Has thanked: 0

Postby Thorick » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 am

So if I understand it correctly Vantage offered you the service for replacing the pump to fix the compatibility issue? Even after you have bashed them this way? That's pretty good service though!

I had to switch pump adaptors quite a few times with other brands I use. Not even bothered to contact the dealer for the compatibility issue. Maybe I should do next time, hopefully they provide me with the same service and getting a free pump :P :P :P :P

Go on google and start a search. Lots of brands are facing this issue, who to blame? The pump manufacturer or the kite manufacturer? Can you categorize this as a malfunction? It seems the industry is not having a standard or a tolerance standard, would be a very nice to have. You simply can't control third party tolerances.

All I know it's an easy fix with a reverse twist, or grab that new pump they offered you.

PS: If there valve isn't working on your pump, how the hell did you inflate your kite then? `

Stop waisting everyones time man :D...
These users thanked the author Thorick for the post:
juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:55 am)
Rating: 3.03%

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am

Thorick wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 am
Maybe I should do next time, hopefully they provide me with the same service and getting a free pump :P :P :P :P
Also don't forget about asking for a new bar because the pigtails are the wrong way around :lol:
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:55 am)

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:51 am

ADLucio wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:25 am
juergen_90 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Thank you very much for your 2 cents but it do not cover the money I spent on their product. The so called review here is only to show that I had a problem with their product and the only thing they have to offer (as you already know before everyone else here in this forum) is to blame my pump and saying that everybody that owns a kite has the same problem and they live happily with it.
Just think that selling something defective or not working properly is not a problem at all. As long the business assumes it and respect the customer for chosen them.
What is not happening here....
Don’t blame yourself even more, this says it all…
I feel like you are on the way to be a spin-off from this lovely guy here :lol:
Better go kiting and stop talking bullshit like this!
Attachments
12023BF4-CCFA-428B-86E9-7655BB99BBDE.jpeg

ADLucio
Rare Poster

Postby ADLucio » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:16 pm

@juergen_90

Your posting is nothing more than funny...
But is good to be here because is just one more proof of their weak reputation and the level of people supporting them... They should be proud of you!

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Slingshot ghost 4M
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm

@ADLucio
Well, to be fair, you are trying to make a huge deal out of something that everyone that is in the sport for some time already is aware off and accepted to be the reality of things.
And no, that is not a broken kite or valve, its just incompatible with the pump-hose you happen to have.
In the process you look like you are aiming to damage a brand, who actually went above and beyond what most companies would do trying to support you.

Juergens post is relevant because if you would have kited for say 10 years you would know that today's inflation system are, although not always compatible, a godsend compared to what you had back then.
Pumping kites with tiny valves and no single inflation system sucks big time compared to what we have today even if it means you need to buy and extra pump/hose/adapter.

Can it be improved? Sure, but that is not up to Vantage kites (because what is the standard? there is none) but the industry as a whole.
There are a lot more incompatibilities in the kite market that I would like to see go away:
With bars: low V, High Y, different knots vs loop setups
With boards: nope your brand X boots or pads don't always fit with brand Y boards.
Saying the product is broken in any of the cases is an outright lie/slander.
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
juergen_90 (Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pm)

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

leeuwen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm
@ADLucio
Well, to be fair, you are trying to make a huge deal out of something that everyone that is in the sport for some time already is aware off and accepted to be the reality of things.
And no, that is not a broken kite or valve, its just incompatible with the pump-hose you happen to have.
In the process you look like you are aiming to damage a brand, who actually went above and beyond what most companies would do trying to support you.

Juergens post is relevant because if you would have kited for say 10 years you would know that today's inflation system are, although not always compatible, a godsend compared to what you had back then.
Pumping kites with tiny valves and no single inflation system sucks big time compared to what we have today even if it means you need to buy and extra pump/hose/adapter.

Can it be improved? Sure, but that is not up to Vantage kites (because what is the standard? there is none) but the industry as a whole.
There are a lot more incompatibilities in the kite market that I would like to see go away:
With boards: nope your brand X boots or pads don't always fit with brand Y boards.
At least a small evolution was initiated last year to improve/unify on the safety critical side of our most loved sport 8) https://www.gkakiteworldtour.com/isosta ... k-release/

ADLucio
Rare Poster

Postby ADLucio » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 pm

leeuwen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm
@ADLucio

Things are getting diverted here and going on the wrong direction ... That's sad!

"Saying the product is broken in any of the cases is an outright lie/slander."

I didn't say at any moment that I got a product broken or that I cannot use! So, I am not the liar here I believe... also, @ leeuwen do you have the product in your hand, did you see it, did you ship it to me ? No, I guess ...
My problem here, is an issue on a new product that is not working as is supposed to be when you buy it at Full price Brand new. I was trying to solve it straight with Vantage but instead, Them and their "buddies" are trying to blame me and my pump again and again, that's ridiculous ... we cannot consider it as a serious Business.
I just hope that this post stays up for a while to people have an idea what they will get on the face if they have even a minimum problem with this brand.
Meanwhile, I will get that and live with it, because discussing with people that have no idea of what they are talking about is a waste of time.

I am already screwed anyway.
Good luck all!

Return to “Reviews”