Long term review of Nobile Split foil/surf and twintip

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Long term review of Nobile Split foil/surf and twintip

Postby bkkite » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:27 pm

I couldn't find much good info out there on splitboards, much less on the surf and foil boards. Here's my thoughts after two years of riding on them, and traveling with them.

These users thanked the author bkkite for the post (total 4):
FLandOBX (Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:50 pm) • Floating around (Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:22 am) • Eduardo (Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:28 am) • windrider1 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:23 am)
Rating: 12.12%

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Re: Long term review of Nobile Split foil/surf and twintip

Postby bkkite » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm

The boards are the 2018/2019 Nobile Infinity split foil:
https://nobileusa.com/shop/kiteboarding ... y-package/

And the 2018/2019 Nobile NHP twin tip:
https://www.kiteworldmag.com/gear/2018- ... it-review/

I think they kept the same design for those two years

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Nobile board foot straps are standard and can be use on other boards, I think on video you are showing Core foot straps and these are not compatible with other boards, its the other way around...

When it comes to quality I had same model and in my opinion its bomb proofed to get it so damaged you had to really hit hard some rocks.

Can you comment more on Nobile Zen split board why its not great for intermitted/advanced rider for foiling?

Floating around
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82kg
Favorite Beaches: Lake Garda
Style: Lawn mower
Gear: Nobile infinity foil
Gong strutless
Flysurfer Peak 4
Groove Skate
Kauper Falcon
SAB foil

Postby Floating around » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Thanks for the review.
I have the same foil board and agree with you. A couple of comments.
It is a HEAVY board.
Foil mounting bolts are M6 not the more common M8. Easy to deal with just need to be aware.
My deck pad came up from day one.
The red part of the deck pad became pink very quickly.
Board is quite flexible, not ideal for foiling but still works ok.
All together it dose the job ok.

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:07 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm
Nobile board foot straps are standard and can be use on other boards, I think on video you are showing Core foot straps and these are not compatible with other boards, its the other way around...

When it comes to quality I had same model and in my opinion its bomb proofed to get it so damaged you had to really hit hard some rocks.

Can you comment more on Nobile Zen split board why its not great for intermitted/advanced rider for foiling?
Oh really? Pretty sure the straps wouldn't work on my slingshot board when I tried? I loved those straps, so I would have loved to be able to use them on other boards!

I never really rode the straps super aggressively, which is why I mention that durability is an issue. A couple other people on the kiteboarding forum on reddit also mention they came across durability issues. Maybe it just depends on which board you have or how aggressive you ride?

For the Infinity Foil split board, I've been riding it for a year, and I'm progressing on it, so it's definitely an option. I think the water starts are easier because of the concave deck pad, and I think the board is pretty good when you come off foil. It touches down on the water and you can keep riding without falling off the board. So I'd say its been great for the beginner to intermediate phase. Now that I'm more comfortable on it, I want a lighter board and a smaller / shorter one. I'm also really annoyed that the deck pad keeps coming unglued. I've reglued parts of it, but its definitely got some of the same durability issues.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:29 pm

bkkite wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Oh really? Pretty sure the straps wouldn't work on my slingshot board when I tried? I loved those straps, so I would have loved to be able to use them on other boards!

I never really rode the straps super aggressively, which is why I mention that durability is an issue. A couple other people on the kiteboarding forum on reddit also mention they came across durability issues. Maybe it just depends on which board you have or how aggressive you ride?
These nobile straps/pad are SP boarding https://www.spboarding.com/kite/products/
Shinn had them as Shinn Sneaker SRS Pads/Straps and I have these pads on my board, I also own Naish Apex and use them with nobile board so their boards and pads are standard.
Generally speaking there are other better straps than this SP boarding, my Naish Apex are miles away better.

I'm not sure why riding board "aggressive" make board more prone to damage? Maybe your previous "beginner board" had thick rail and it was more difficult to cause damage? NHP has thin edge

I was eyeing zen split board for foiling as my second board, I'm currently learning on Fone Pocket 145cm but it does sound cumbersome for traveling.
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post:
bkkite (Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:12 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:44 pm

Most interesting topic thanks to OP. I have a Nobile foil as well , wasn’t aware that it was compatible with the SS Hoverglide. Does this mean that I can replace the Nobile wing with a larger Hoverglide one….. my wing attaches with 3 4mm bolts 45mm centres……. is this what yours has?

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:21 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:29 pm
bkkite wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:07 pm

These nobile straps/pad are SP boarding https://www.spboarding.com/kite/products/
Shinn had them as Shinn Sneaker SRS Pads/Straps and I have these pads on my board, I also own Naish Apex and use them with nobile board so their boards and pads are standard.
Generally speaking there are other better straps than this SP boarding, my Naish Apex are miles away better.

I'm not sure why riding board "aggressive" make board more prone to damage? Maybe your previous "beginner board" had thick rail and it was more difficult to cause damage? NHP has thin edge

I was eyeing zen split board for foiling as my second board, I'm currently learning on Fone Pocket 145cm but it does sound cumbersome for traveling.
Yeah, maybe the slingshot was thicker, and it was the thinner edges that got scrapes and cuts in them on the Nobile. My Core Fusion board also is holding up a lot better.

The Infinity definitely packs down small, and when used with their travel bag, you can fit everything in a check-in bag. I love doing this when I travel, as it makes everything more predictable (no surprises). I also like that I can use the board as a light wind board or directional. It's not a great surfboard, but it definitely can get you out in lighter winds, and its a good enough board to learn to ride small waves and to learn riding strapless. As a foil board, I think you'll prefer moving to something smaller and lighter from the Fone, but if you want something just for travel, this could be an option.

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:23 pm

windybrit wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Most interesting topic thanks to OP. I have a Nobile foil as well , wasn’t aware that it was compatible with the SS Hoverglide. Does this mean that I can replace the Nobile wing with a larger Hoverglide one….. my wing attaches with 3 4mm bolts 45mm centres……. is this what yours has?
I'm using the Nobile Infinity Split Foil with a slingshot mast and wing, the Hover Glide with an Ride Engine Manta 76 wing (slinghshot makes the same called the infinity 76).

I never tried to see whether specific wings are compatible, but I doubt it. I just bought the Nobile board by itself, and bought the slingshot foil and mast separate.

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Ok great so at least I can use the board with a slingshot mast if I wish, Thanks.

Return to “Reviews”