Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2021 Duotone Kites poor construction quality ?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
thekitemonster
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Belmont Shore (Long Beach CA)
Favorite Beaches: Waddel Creek
Style: Foil, waves
Gear: Surfboards and 2016 Moses 550/325
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2021 Duotone Kites poor construction quality ?

Postby thekitemonster » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:13 am

Quite frankly I am always shocked at how many kiters try to make the manufacturers buy them a new kite even if they effed it up thru negligence. And every single bar I ever owned failed, usually right as the wind cranked up to epic conditions! I never even thought about making the Brand eat their shoddy bar, here on the Central Cali Coast we simply chop off that lame ass P.O.S. depower/safety crap and build our own simplified version a-la Ian Alldredge. Who is that you newbies are asking? Never mind. Build your own bar! Make it right! Jeez what a bunch of pussies. Safety systems are for the personal injury lawyers, may they burn in hell. Delete that bull shite. Yes I've been drinking.

thekitemonster
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore (Long Beach CA)
Favorite Beaches: Waddel Creek
Style: Foil, waves
Gear: Surfboards and 2016 Moses 550/325
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby thekitemonster » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:36 am

Ok I showed my reply to my brother (he is an attorney). He demanded I revise that last blast of beer breath induced contrarianism.

Because light gear is amazing and feels great, there will be gear failures as they try to hook us up with cool new high performance stuff. It's the nature of the beast. But I say give them a break. Kite gear can't last forever, if it did it would have to be heavy as f***. These companies ain't Donald Trump, they are probably kiters like you. Don't try to bankrupt them. The stock safety systems are for rank beginners and any kiter worth his sea salt recognizes this and removes it and makes his or her own rig.

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:27 pm

thekitemonster wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:02 am
Am I the only one here who thinks the Original Poster is trying to scam a new kite and is willing to drag Duotone thru the internet mud in order to do so? I checked all my well used kites and the seam tape only holds directly underneath the stitching. 70% of it comes loose, sand stuck to it eventually. This is normal. At least in my experience.
Nope. Not alone.

Return to “Reviews”