Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Review my Xmas stocking: Prolimit Kite Seat Pro harness

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Review my Xmas stocking: Prolimit Kite Seat Pro harness

Postby sarc » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:56 am

I searched the forum extensively to help me decide on my new seat harness so I thought I'd give back to the community with a review. There's a couple of things that are not mentioned in the Prolimit website so I figured why not share them here.

The tldr: great seat harness, puts to shame the offerings from Mystic, Ion etc.

More details: I almost went for an Ion Sonar but I was put off by the price and the fact I have to pay over $200 for a bunch of nylon and plastic sewn together, then fork out 70 to 100+ $ for a bar which is made of plastic. That just did not sit right with me.

I liked the design of the Prolimit and it seemed very well put together from the shop pictures, plus it was much cheaper than the competition and saw some very good reviews when googling around. The spreader bar has a proprietary click in system, I was concerned about durability of the click mechanism, but I saw online spreader bar breakage tests where Prolimit came out on top, and no negative comments when googling.

The harness is really well made, top quality materials and I cannot fault the sewing. The very large molded plastic on the back is functional and looks good. The pants seat is very thick nylon; the spreader bar straps are thick and ribbed nylon so they don't slip. Generous neoprene covers for the leg straps. The spreader bar is very functional and has given me no problems whatsoever. The wrap around flap that stabilizes the spreader bar is very effective.

The harness does not include a knife nor a knife pocket, so I had to use an external pouch. It has a tiny velcro pocket in the spreader bar retainer, big enough for 1 car key but too small for a hook knife. This is the only negative point - it should have a knife included as safety equipment.

The harness is extremely comfortable, it's like sitting in armchair really. The hook is very low, just as I like it about 3 inches below my navel. The pressure is dispersed evenly across the buttocks and small of the back, with no pressure on the backbone which is what I really needed because after 30 years of windsurfing and kitesurfing my back has started complaining. My last harness was Ion B2 and the Prolimit has about the same hook position, slightly higher pressure areas on the body, and slightly better mobility for my legs. Even if the top back of the harness is a little higher than the Ion B2, there's soft material there and no pressure applied at any time (i.e. when crashing).

The sizes are accurate - I'm a 36 waist, the XL is rated at 36-38 inches and it fits me very well with the straps pulled in all the way.

Overall, highly recommended!

white boy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 70
Local Beach: Half Moon Bay - Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Style: Directional Boards
Gear: RRD Ace (5'2") & RRD Barracuda (5'8") & Duotone Jamie TT. Duotone Spirt surf and Carve foils. Duotone Neo 9 & 11 SLS , Evo 12 SLS, Juice 14 DLAB
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Review my Xmas stocking: Prolimit Kite Seat Pro harness

Postby white boy » Mon May 02, 2022 5:22 pm

Sarc, I really like the harness, it is definitely the most comfortable harness I have used. I also like how it sits low as it give me an extra inch of depower, which I need being a small guy ....but....I find the bar pad flips up after about 20 mins of riding and this is really annoying ...I think this is an issue Prolimit is aware of as the new harness have a larger redesigned bar pad...I managed to fix this by replacing my bar pad with a larger bar pad from a L size harness....

Return to “Reviews”