Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Sinai Report

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:47 am

Kiteforum.it in Sinai! The travel.

Hello Max, whatz up? Woould You come with me in Sinai?
But where is Sinai, we go to pray?
Not, don't worry we go kiting!

All it is begun therefore, the lawful doubt of Max to succeed to make kite in a place where nobody did kite but we want discover new secret spots.

After my telephone call Max check on internet in order to document itself on the place where we will go after an hour recalls to me and it asks me "but are you sure we want to go there?

I have not found neither a shadow of a kite!

Only an English who has a school of windsurf in a place that doesn't seem so interesting.

First day begins our adventure, after reach the hotel (a beautiful 5 stars, the power of Kiteforum.net!) we go looking for a taxi could fit all our equipment.

Second day: very arly in the morning we call our taxi driver friend, Mohamed, very nice guy.

The taxi driver Mohamed

After an hour of desert we found the sea finally we succeed to find the school of windsurf. The owner calls Rick an English a bit annoyed, but in water he will be demonstrated he is quite good windsurfing.

The bay has a gusty wind side off, it comes down straight down from the Sinai mountain around 20 knots, we decides to go in water with the 16, not bad.

Max astonishes to me, the last time that I had seen it to make kite wasn't so good, but its Brazilian experience helps him a lot, he wasn't there only to hunt girls!

Only the my fear is the fishings boats in the bay, in two we are too close, then I decide to exit outside the reef, I don't remain disappointed from the 1 meter and half of wave.

After an hour I decide to re-enter, Max is always that it jumps them, by now the bay and overwhelms of fishings boat then decides to advance itself until in bottom to the bay where there is a Mosque, man! the water is made more and more smooth and flat, is amazing, a lot of curious children enter in water to enjoy better my jumps.

Mohamed is there ready to land the wings.

We greet Rick and we return in hotel destroyed, we hardly make in time to have supper that we collapse newly in the sleep, as first kite day of has not been badly!.

Third day: alarm clock!

Giant breakfast and again in the desert with the faithful Mohamed .

Finally in distance we see the sea, seems nearly a mirage, I ask Mohamed to take a narrow lane that you carry to the beach, but it explains us in its English a bit arranged "Police, police, not beach, gun" I say him to continue and we arrive to a beach after a pair of signals in Arab that say us to stay far away.

In front of our eyes a bathhouse of fishermen that dominates one wonderful bay with wind off Shore and low water, garrisoned from three policemen with the worn out uniforms and two skeletal dogs.

We come down from car and while Mohamed explains the policemen who we want to use their bay in order to make Kite I measure the intensity of the wind, 22 nodes, the perfection!

Mohamed explains to us that we must go to ask for the permissions in city police office. All the bureaucratic procedures makes us to loose one entire day.

Fourth day: the morning after we are in front of the place of attended police in of the permissions, in city by now know us all, the children defy us to one left to soccer, their myth is the italian player Totti.

Finally Mohamed calls us the permissions is ready, greets the children who are fascinated from the digital Fuji of Max and we go full trottle towards the spot, in the car we gives a glance to the permission, a written piece of normal paper in Arab, Mohamed indicates us the part where our names are written and the KiteSurf word literally translate "Kite - Sea".

At the spot after controlling our permissions the policemen relaxed a bit.

the wind are always constant on the 22 knots.

I go in water with the Extreme 16 Challenger very depowerized and max after a little edges with its Slingshot 16 he decides to arm the 12, the bay is incredible, flat, low water, the triks he seems come outside alone.

After two hours kite spun of decide to make a pause, the policemen receive to me with a cup of warm tea, a wonder, the gentility of this people fascinate to me!

One of they speaks English and it explains to me that they come practically leave them you for 3 months, after to turn have straight to a week to house in order then to return, they eat only fishing and they have a tank for the water, a solar paddle feeds one light bulb and theirs old and semi destroyed radio in order to communicate with the commando.
I return in water for the Sunset, still two hours of kite in Paradise!

We return in hotel tired but satisfied, after a rest of a pair of hours we go to dinner, the hunger is a lot, the kitchen is optimal, we discover that the cook of the hotel is Neapolitan, but Italians are everywhere!

The fortune is still from our part, to the bar of the hotel discovers that our hotel is invaded by Russian young girls, eureka the Perestroika! Max disappears mysteriously...

Fifth day: Wide awake me and Max it is not in room...!
It arrives in delay, has passed the night with a russian girl, i not surprise.

Mohamed is already waiting us.
Let's go!

While ee crossing the desert we see a sandstorm, we are forced to stop to us, endured after I come down in order to measure the wind in the desert, 33 nodes!

When we arrive at the spot the sea it's all white from the strenght of the wind.

Our friends policemen are hide to you in their bathhouse built with pieces of wood recycled from the sea, we ask ourselves how it can resist with all that wind, the anemomentro declare 43-45 knots!

I and Max watch themselves perplexed. We don't have small wings.
We pass the rest of the morning to joke and drink you with our arabian friends!

Sixth day: the spot it waits for to us, our friends policemen always receive to us with a smile and of you we decide to carry for them a case of 24 beers and of sandwiches.

Another hard kite day waits for us, the wind is of new stable on the 20-22 nodes.

We make friendship with a Bedouin - fisherman and its children.

We're destroyed!

In the end of the day we have to leave our friends policemen who have granted to a photo memory to us, but in bourgeois, we cannot photograph them in uniform, return dressed as surfers nearly we do not recognize them without the gun machines!

Seventh day: to the two of afternoon we have the airplane, is not made time to o on ours spot, then we decide to visit the National Park of Ras Mohamed is wonderful but it is full of prohibition trusts are of natural swimming pools with high water 10-15 centimeters sand strip and of new I found them 30-40 centimeters for 4-500 meters the wind I raise myself, and Max we are thinking the same thing.

Mohamed says to us that they could arrest if we try to make kite there, I insist, I ask to try to ask the Rangers of the park, after ten minutes of negotiations let out us, but without the fins they have fear that we can damage the reef, problem we do not take apart to them and with the promise it does not make us more you live send to us in water with their blessing!

INCREDIBLE!

hundreds of beautifl colored fish swim in evry directions scared from the noise of my board.

All this poetry comes interrupted from mohamed that scream to us "Fly, Fly" it's time to go.

In airplane we still give a last glance to the photos before fell sleeping, Max checks if he has taken the number of telephone of the Russian girl!

[ text written up from JJ ]

Return to “Travel”