Forum for travel reports and travel questions
DBKITER
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mui Ne Viet Nam

Postby DBKITER » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:31 am

:?: Thinking of going to Mui Ne to teach kiteboarding for 6 months. If any body has some experence there, i would really appreciate some tips or insights on living there. I am hopeing it is much different than Cabarete Dominican Rep.,as i am totally bored with the "party till you bleed" concept!.

nomadkiter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nomadkiter » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:45 pm

well you won't get the party atmosphere there. there are only a few bars and restaurants there, or at least there was when i was there in january 04. the most popular area is around the full moon beach resort, where most of the kiters hang out. I was only there for a coule of weeks but really enjoyed it, though I think for 6 months could get a little boring, but it will definitely be a change to cabarete.... good luck

bamboo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Chunan; Da'an; Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Beacon Rock, Chunan, Mui Nei, Stevenson, lyle spit' Da'an
Style: powered up and airborne
Gear: North Vegas 5, 7, 9, 12, 16
North X-ride, Sky, and Rocket Fish
Brand Affiliation: North; Hurley

Postby bamboo » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:21 am

go and don't look back. mui nei rocks. wind every day that is a solid 9-13 meter. awesome veitnamese food with a bit of french influence thrown in. dollar beers. awesome places to stay right on the water. you may get stir crazy after 6 months but i think that will happen anywhere in this world you go. plus, there's enough people cycling through there that it will always be going off. the night life is chill but the full moon parties are supposed to be epic. i was there for chinese new year (asia's biggest holiday season) and it was pretty good. the dunes kick in an afternoon thermal so you are guaranteed an extra 5 knots every day.

i'm already scoping to head back for a month.

Return to “Travel”