peterbjarke
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Caribbean in January/February

Postby peterbjarke » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

I am going to Florida in early February for a conference. I will combine it with a couple of weeks kitesurfing holiday in the Caribbean before that. I had almost booked a flight to the Dominican republic but I am getting in doubt when I see the wind statistics on http:///www.windguru.com. It looks more windy down south, e.g Tobago. I want to live a place where I can walk to the beach with my gear. There should be something to do when it is not windy and a place with some good nightlife will also be a plus :-)
Is it just Cabarete or are there other suggestions?

Cheers,

Peter

kitecozumel
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: all Cozumel locations
Favorite Beaches: anywhere with wind and waves
Style: professional
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Re: Caribbean in January/February

Postby kitecozumel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 am

The island of Cozumel is in the Mexican Caribbean. Winds are consistant that time of the year. Conditions range from flat water to waves depending on wind direction. We offer accomodations for kiteboarders just one block from one of the most kiteable locations on the island. Check www.casaviento.net and mention this posting for a discount.

If there is no wind there are plenty of activities i.e. scuba diving, snorkeling, mayan ruins, tequilla factory, etc. Plenty of nice restaurants and Carlos n Charlies or Senor Frogs for evening entertainment.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Raul
www.kitecozumel.com

FloHooked
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Caribbean in January/February

Postby FloHooked » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:50 am

Hi Peter,

I am here in Cabarete and the wind for February is actually not bad. Of course there is no gatantee for wind all the time but usually Cabarete gets good wind in February. Apart from that its a really nice place to stay with lots of things to do and to see. The surf is really good as well before the wind comes in and there is also a fun nightlife and great bars and restaurants on the beach.

Let me know if you got some questions about Cabarete.

Just came back from a 20knot session today. The wind was on all afternoon and the waves were 8ft out there on the reef! :D

Return to “Travel”