Olas!
Rare Poster
Gear: 12m Flite
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

South America - late Feb

Postby Olas! » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 am

Hey All,

I'm looking for a kite destination for the last two weeks of February. Considering South America as the wife is coming along and wants to occasionally engage in activities that are not exclusively kiting (crazy, right?). We are hoping to experience a new culture and location in addition to a kitesurf trip (and by "we are" I mean "she is").

I'm trying to connect the dots and find a place with consistent winds close to an international airport with relatively cheap flights from Toronto. I don't mind a few layovers but would prefer to keep the overall travel time under 20hrs and cost under $1200 each.

I'm not too picky about conditions as long as there is consistent side-on winds. Would prefer a laid back vibe over partying and to avoid large crowds of tourists. The wife would be into anything like rafting, hiking, caving, snorkeling, etc. Anybody know of a kite spot with these close by?

Alternatively if anyone has any tips on convincing my wife that all of the above pales in comparison to kiting 12 hours a day on vacation...

Eli90
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: South America - late Feb

Postby Eli90 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Ohhh South America is a great destination, it's the one that has been on my list for a while..but haven't bee able to go yet! :( It's a lot of money but I think it could be great, to see a new culture, traditions etc. If only I had the money...

Return to “Travel”