gmb13 wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 am
Flag Beach (my home spot)
1) Works in most wind directions exept North East. The wind is usually very clean.
2) Rocky at low tide, with 2 rock-free entry points. At high tide all the rocks are under water
3) It can get pretty crowded near the shore, but there is space on the water.
4) Besides Flag there are 3 other Kite Spots up here
5) The North of Fuerte is pretty interesting with lots to see and do
1) Works mainly with North to North East winds.
2) Lagoon is only rideable at high tide during spring tides (Full or new Moon)
3) Can also get pretty crowded
4) One of the most gusty kitespots on this planet with North or North East winds blowing cross offshore
5) There is nothing to do down there, it's pretty boring
6) Foiling is only really nice down there when the wind is light.
thanks for your feedback.
Checking Windguru, the wind direction seems to be northeast between the 20 - 29 january. Does that mean that Flag beach does not work?
You probably mean a NE direction where the wind goes over Lobos?
I was at Flag beach when i had kited about 3 months. I thought I could ride at the time, but the wind was very light, and I could not get away from the stones, and got a few cuts. I still have a nice scar on my knee from that.
I probably should try the spot again, I had no idea that the wind is much cleaner than in Sotavento, and clean winds obviously make for awesome sessions.
Which other spots are you thinking of? There are two natural pools to the left and the right of the Faro Toston, or am I mistaken? Are there further spots?
In regard to Sotavento, I had a really fun session in light wind there. Nobody else out, because of light wind, sunny, flat water close to the beach in cross-off. It does quickly get crowded, and there are a lot of beginners though.