Local Beach: Mancora, Peru
Favorite Beaches: Lobitos, Mancora
Style: waves
Gear: cabrinha, firewire
Brand Affiliation: None

The most complete Wave Kitesurfing spots guide

Postby wildk peru » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Hello,

I just released a guide of 20 of the best destination on earth to ride waves with a kite.
There was no relevant information about it found on Google, so I thought it could be useful :D

Plus for the laziest ones, there is a map of the destinations / spots, per month :thumb:

For 10 years I have welcomed wave riders from all over the globe in my small club based in Peru. You will read here the summary of all my kitesurfing friends and guest trips searching for the best wave and wind conditions.

Enjoy!
https://www.wild-kitesurf-peru.com/kit ... es-part-1/
These users thanked the author wildk peru for the post:
Seawolf (Sat May 25, 2019 4:45 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Re: The most complete Wave Kitesurfing spots guide

Postby plummet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 am

Not very complete at all!....

For a start you missed out NZ which kicks Australia's arse for waves!
These users thanked the author plummet for the post:
wildk peru (Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

wildk peru
Rare Poster

Postby wildk peru » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks Plummet, this is the kind of comments I expect. To be honest I heard about waves in NZ but never kitesurfers' testimonials, even if I would personally dream of going to NZ. At least locals will be happy to have the spots only for themselves... Could you tell me more about it? I just checked and found Ranglan's spot, is this the main spot area for wind and waves?

Seabizzle
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Woodmans point, Leighton, Cottesloe, Scarborough
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui, Augusta Western Australia, Lancelin Western Australia
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: BWS Noise pro 10m, BWS noise classic 6m, Naish Fly 17m, Wainman Gambler 5'10"(R.I.P.) North Pro series 6'2, unidentified twin tip
Has thanked: 0

Postby Seabizzle » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm

wildk peru wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Hello,

I just released a guide of 20 of the best destination on earth to ride waves with a kite.
There was no relevant information about it found on Google, so I thought it could be useful :D

Plus for the laziest ones, there is a map of the destinations / spots, per month :thumb:

For 10 years I have welcomed wave riders from all over the globe in my small club based in Peru. You will read here the summary of all my kitesurfing friends and guest trips searching for the best wave and wind conditions.

Enjoy!
https://www.wild-kitesurf-peru.com/kit ... es-part-1/
Hi just for your information the picture you have posted for Perth is not taken in Perth. It could have been taken at a number of different reef break wave spots in WA. Perth is the capital of WA and just a relatively small city in the state of western Australia, an area roughly 1/3 the size of the mainland US. Perth does have good kiting conditions but the swell is sheltered by offshore islands so the waves are never really big. I would suggest you change the section of your site to say Western Australia instead of Perth as all the best wave spots are not in Perth and can be as far as 12-14hour drive to get to some of the best spots.

Another small suggestion is to include whether each region has prevailing wind/waves for rights or lefts, Western Australia is predominantly lefts.

Good work on compiling the site as there is hardly any good information for global wave kiting locations out there. Peru is definitely on the bucket list for me!!

Seabizzle
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Woodmans point, Leighton, Cottesloe, Scarborough
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui, Augusta Western Australia, Lancelin Western Australia
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: BWS Noise pro 10m, BWS noise classic 6m, Naish Fly 17m, Wainman Gambler 5'10"(R.I.P.) North Pro series 6'2, unidentified twin tip
Has thanked: 0

Postby Seabizzle » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm

plummet wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 am
Not very complete at all!....

For a start you missed out NZ which kicks Australia's arse for waves!
New Zealand does not and never will kick Australia's arse for waves!! Australia has vastly more coastline across three different oceans, across many different climates and terrains, everything from tropical coral reef waves to cold water slabs and anything in between.

I understand New Zealand also has absolutely amazing waves but sheer geography would suggest Australia has better waves

wildk peru
Rare Poster

Postby wildk peru » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Seabizzle wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm
wildk peru wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Hello,

Thanks a lot Seebizzle for your feedback! As I wrote on the guide, although I am pretty sure Australia is one of the top wave riding destinations, I curiously do not have any info about it. I will update right away your datas. If you would have good photos to send me I would be happy to insert it too! I just found on a previous Kiteboarder Mag guide two spots featured in Australia: the gold coast and Jervis Bay..? If you have any further info, please do not hesitate sending me more!

Return to “Travel”