Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Hydrofoiling Hua Hin Thailand

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 am

I looked but didn’t get any real info. I’m looking at spending 3 weeks in Thailand in April and looking at Hau Hin. Would the water there be deep enough to hydrofoil? Also any good lodging options?

Brian H
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Whiterock British Columbia
Favorite Beaches: Hurgada egypt
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: 120 groove skate board 110 & 150 Mhl lift. 9m hyperlink ultra light . 4m 5m 8m peak .4.5m Concept-air wave.

Re: Hydrofoiling Hua Hin Thailand

Postby Brian H » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:11 am

The water is plenty deep but you will need some sort of full suit as the there is lots of jelly fish, . You could also check out Pran buri just south of Hua hin

jonnydiesel
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bantayan Is & Siargao Phillipines, Peel Estuary
Favorite Beaches: Bantayan Is,Sante Fe Siargao, Phillipines, Boggy Bay, Sandy Bay, GraveYards, Coronations, Augusta, Warnbro, Gnarloo, Avalon, Balian Indonesia, Mui Ne & Vang Tau Vietnam, Ras Sudr, Dahab
Style: Just having fun
Gear: Eleveight kites, Flysurfer Boards, Nomad 150)TT
Brand Affiliation: Exmoth Surf Centre WestOz Kiteboarding great service
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jonnydiesel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 am

Plenty of water, it just wind,m you might miss.

Pran Buri seems better and water is deep enough to foil.

Look up Karl at the Beach House bar for an update and great cheap clean modern accommadation 168/32 Beach Road Amphoe Pran Buri 77220 +66 98 841 8169

hes a great guy and knows the area & conditions well

lightwind
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 75
Local Beach: SC Lahor, Kotor
Gear: Gong strutless 10, Gong Unik 6.8, Blade Skinny boy 5m, Gong foil M pro wing, Gong foil board 3CS 4.6, Gong Neutra V2 5 m, Gong HIPE pro 5.1

Postby lightwind » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 am

March and April should be the best months. I would also recommend Pak nam pran instead of Hua Hin. Less busy and good kite community. Good conditions for foiling. Be aware of jellyfishes.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:53 pm

What would be the best way to protect yourself from jellyfishes? I have a 5/4 suit which is going to basically be useless there. Can I get something fairly inexpensive local? Any kind of nightlife in the Pan Buri area?

Also is there anything particular wrong with Hua Hin? I'm most likely going to book through AirBnb and looks like the Hua Hin area is much cheaper with more choices for lodging.

=Jason-

lightwind
Medium Poster
Gear: Gong strutless 10, Gong Unik 6.8, Blade Skinny boy 5m, Gong foil M pro wing, Gong foil board 3CS 4.6, Gong Neutra V2 5 m, Gong HIPE pro 5.1

Postby lightwind » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:53 pm
What would be the best way to protect yourself from jellyfishes? I have a 5/4 suit which is going to basically be useless there. Can I get something fairly inexpensive local? Any kind of nightlife in the Pan Buri area?

Also is there anything particular wrong with Hua Hin? I'm most likely going to book through AirBnb and looks like the Hua Hin area is much cheaper with more choices for lodging.

=Jason-
In KBA schools you can buy “jellyfish pants” basically thin licra pants that will protect you. On the upper body just some lycra or rushguard. I was riding without anything on my legs and for three months got burned only once. Depends how lucky you are.

Nightlife in Pak nam pran is poor, couple of bars and that’s it. Basically, it’s village. But kiting is so much better then in HH. Empty long brach just for kitters, nobody swims and there are no other watersports. In HH nightlife is good, it’s touristic town with lots of bars ect. But beach is packed with sunbeds, horses, tourists, jetskis. Didn’t liked it. I stayed in Pak nam pran and traveled to HH for fun every couple of days. It’s half hour ride with motorcycle. Accommodation in Pak nam pran is local, so no airbnb/booking advertising, once you are there you can easily find house or bungalow for 200-400 euro for one month.
These users thanked the author lightwind for the post:
Adventure Logs (Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:00 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm

lightwind wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:53 pm

=Jason-
In KBA schools you can buy “jellyfish pants” basically thin licra pants that will protect you. On the upper body just some lycra or rushguard. I was riding without anything on my legs and for three months got burned only once. Depends how lucky you are.

Nightlife in Pak nam pran is poor, couple of bars and that’s it. Basically, it’s village. But kiting is so much better then in HH. Empty long brach just for kitters, nobody swims and there are no other watersports. In HH nightlife is good, it’s touristic town with lots of bars ect. But beach is packed with sunbeds, horses, tourists, jetskis. Didn’t liked it. I stayed in Pak nam pran and traveled to HH for fun every couple of days. It’s half hour ride with motorcycle. Accommodation in Pak nam pran is local, so no airbnb/booking advertising, once you are there you can easily find house or bungalow for 200-400 euro for one month.
Is there any cheaper housing right on the beach? Also I've tired to find the specific area but just can find the general area where Pak nam pran is. Is the entire beach kiteable or is there a certain part of the beach? Thanks.

lightwind
Medium Poster

Postby lightwind » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi adventure logs, try to find kba and air stylers kite schools (next to villa marocc). Usually all the kiters are in that area (it’s possible to kite alone anywhere on the beach) except Russians, they are having their school more south on the same beach. Accommodation directly on the beach is expensive, I recommend you to stay somewhere inland and rent a motorcycle (you will need it no matter where your accommodation is) Someone here recomended Carls place, I agree they are good guys and their accommodation is very good.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:47 am

Well I just spent the last couple weeks mostly in Hua Hin area and I was able to kite everyday. Due to thermals I could twintip with my FlySplit M and Soul 8m and hydrofoiling was extremely fun due to waves as well. I had absolutely no problems with jellyfish and since I was in the Cha Am area (a little north of Hua Hin), I was completely by myself and had a blast. I did check out Pak Nam but for me personally I preferred the Cha Am area. Seemed like better waves and Pak Nam was too busy for me. Over a fantastic time and will be returning.

Return to “Travel”