Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: Switchblades 10/14 Soul 15m
NHP split & XTR
Brand Affiliation: None

Mauritius in September with 1.5 year old

Postby SolarSet » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Hey,

I'm planning visiting Mauritius on 2 weeks trip with my wife and 18 months daughter looking for some advice how to plan trip. I want to buy flight tickets and book accommodation separately. I was thinking about one week in Le Morne and second week on east of island i.e. Ile aux Cerfs & Belle Mare.

How difficult is to get around island to try some different spots? Is it best to rent a car or just use taxi/public transport?
Maybe it's not worth it to change hotel and just book 2 weeks in Le Morne and just rent car to move around?

I will have a company of my 1.5 year daughter hence mobility will be slightly reduced.

I will be riding TT (and maybe nobile zen split board for waves still debating if I want to buy it) my kites are 7/10/14m LEI for my 90kg and my 60kg wife, we should be covered? I have soul 15m but wind forecast looks like it isn't necessary for such a big wing.

Thanks for all information!

burton
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Zeebrugge Belgium
Favorite Beaches: Paracuru, Big Bay, Capetown, Coronation, Geraldton, Le Morne
Style: wave
Gear: BWS, North Neo, Wainman
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mauritius in September with 1.5 year old

Postby burton » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

We went 2 times to mauritius and we always stayed in la gaulette. A village close to spot le morne (it's the best option around for twintip or waves). With a kid of that age it's not always so easy to drive to other spots. The distances are not so far but the roads aren't made to travel fast. I prefer to have my own car then using taxi not only for the gear but also for your kid.
most of the times you gonna need a 7 or a 10... maybe sometimes with a twintip a 14 but that's really big in Mauritius

Its difficult to find better waves around the world!!

Return to “Travel”