Favorite Beaches: Sunset Beach - Cape Town
Style: Wave, Wake
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Sydney to Brisbane in November

Postby janeko » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 am

Hey guys,

I'm currently planning a kite trip in November. Following the guide on https://globalkitespots.com/global-kite ... old-coast/ I thought about making a road trip from Sydney to Brisbane.

Things I'm looking for:
- Good spots for wave riding (itermediate level)
- Lots of wind, would like to kitesurf everyday
- Long, sandy beaches

Would I get all these on the way from Sydney to Brisbane?

How's the wild life in this part of Australia? Both in the water and land - we thought about camping during part of the trip. Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Sydney to Brisbane in November

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Great 900km roadtrip in a camper. Not super windy but has its epic kiting days.
Take a surfboard/s (non kiting ones) - most epic....

Long sandy beaches - not going to be a problem lol!

Wind is going to be your biggest issue as its not like western australia - but it is most awesome all the same and november is the start of wind season

I guess check the Entrance north of sydney and just hop along from there - when at end drive straight past Brisbane and keep going to the sunshine coast too - Caloundra Mooloolaba Maroochydore Noosa etc.. , and dont miss the southern gold coast before that (Currumbin a great kite spot for NE winds - and the world famous surf breaks of DBah snapper kirra (kiteable) currumbin.. Burleigh... ) . - dont worry about Northern Gold Coast/surfers paradise (its not surfers paradise lol! - that is 20km south..) - although you can ride flatwater at KFC on the broadwater.

If you get too warm in van - buy a portable electric fan . - it can get warm... even at night.

if u kiting estuaries arrive after high tide best - outgoing current..

Crocs dont start until 700km+ North of Brisbane, maybe dont teach your gf to bodydrag in Ballina lol!

I want to do it again now.

Return to “Travel”