Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Cuba Kitesurfing - Cayo Guillermo Travel Guide

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Here's our full kitesurfing travel guide to Cayo Guillermo, Cuba. In this video we cover the kite conditions and kite beach, the resorts on the island (Iberostar Daiquiri, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Melia Cayo Guillermo, Gran Muthu, Gran Caribe Club), and what to expect on your kiteboarding trip in Cuba. Enjoy!

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cuba Kitesurfing - Cayo Guillermo Travel Guide

Postby SolarSet » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 pm

Hey, I'm planning to visit Cuba in around February this year and was wondering which gear to take. At the moment I have 7m boots3, 10/14m switchblades, 15m Soul and NHP split TT, not doing any foiling yet.
I'm not very proficient with starting my soul and I have like 6-8 starts successful behind my belt (2 unsuccessful on very narrow beach) and all of them done on nice wide beaches (some back home, some in Mauritius).
I was thinking about getting 10m and 15m soul as I'm happy to ride my sb in 25kts gusting to 32kts but it seems very unlikely in Cube away.
I'm travelling with 22 month baby and pregnant wife (side effect of Mauritius holidays :) and I need to packed as light as practical. Adding as safety 14m sb its not a big deal but this kite weights twice as much soul...

Return to “Travel”