Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wingboard Travel: Bags?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Wingboard Travel: Bags?

Postby consumer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm

What bags are you guys using to travel with your wing boards?

We have two wing boards <6 ft, one board is 27" inches wide, unfortunately (5'5" Fone Rocket - 85L) - the other is smaller @ 4'8" x 22"

Does anyone know of a coffin surfboard travel bag that fits a 27" wide board? It would be nice if I could fit both boards in one bag.

thanks for suggestions!

StellaBlu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Winging
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wingboard Travel: Bags?

Postby StellaBlu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm

I bought a Takoon wing bag with wheels and Im happy with it. Its discrete, compact/fits well, has wheels and was quite inexpensive. Not a ton of padding, but I can pack some extra padding if I wanted to be overly careful (I haven't bothered). I like that i can roll it up very small to get it out of the way when im not using it. The bag is pretty roomy, so I bet I could fit a second board in there if it were low volume and small. Just be careful loading too much weight into these bags as it could make the contents more succeptible to damage.

The other options I considered were were Armstrong (Pros: Looks a bit sturdier and higher quality than Takoon, Cons: Looks like you should wear your Captain America pajamas while carrying it, and more expensive) and LF Supply (Pros: Looks like a great design with places for foil components, Cons: difficult to get in the USA, no wheels, sold out of most configurations).

Someone just asked the same question on Seabreeze, so maybe more info there too.
These users thanked the author StellaBlu for the post:
consumer (Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:02 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Travel”