Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 73
Gear: Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Foiling in Winter (Europe)

Postby laserleaver » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Looking for recommendations for locations for kite foiling in Europe between November and March - ideally somewhere in the south! I've got 'floating accomodation', so somewhere with a marina nearby would be a plus, but not 100% necessary. Somewhere in North Africa may also be an option. Was looking at Mar Menor in Murcia, Spain. Anyone know what the wind is like there in winter?

Thanks in advance!

StephanLo
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Hvide Sande and Klitmøller.
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa and Maui
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot Rally (kite and board).

Re: Foiling in Winter (Europe)

Postby StephanLo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 pm

laserleaver wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:57 pm
Looking for recommendations for locations for kite foiling in Europe between November and March - ideally somewhere in the south! I've got 'floating accomodation', so somewhere with a marina nearby would be a plus, but not 100% necessary. Somewhere in North Africa may also be an option. Was looking at Mar Menor in Murcia, Spain. Anyone know what the wind is like there in winter?

Thanks in advance!
I guess you have already considered Tarifa? Since it is at the southern tip of Spain, it it also very close to the ferries to Morocco in Africa (since you mentioned you were also interested in North Africa). Also, during winter Nov-March, the weather is warmer and more pleasant in south Spain. If you got the budget, checking in with your boat in the Marbella and Puerto Banus luxury areas is an all time favorite (for those who love some flair).

Return to “Travel”