bclam
Rare Poster
Gear: Core, Armstrong
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dakhla?

Postby bclam » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:45 am

Hi - looking at a mid-April trip to a kite camp in Dakhla. Interested in kite foiling and wing foiling there but don’t see much info online for foiling. Has anyone been? Can you rent all the gear you need there? Any travel tip? Thanks in advance.

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dakhla?

Postby leeuwen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 am

Last time I was there, pre pandemic, the spot I was had one out of date foil set for rent (I was at Attitude)
My guess is that kite-foils are still not available at any significant number but maybe they now do have wing-foils for rent.

Regarding travel:
By far the easiest way is to book at one of the kite camps like pretty much all kiters are doing.
I think that renting in the city and then going by car/taxi every day is going to be a bit of a pain because of all the security checkpoints.
I am also not sure if you can just pay for a day of beach access & rental at the camps.

Last but not least: note that Marocco has been very unreliable in regards to flying since the pandemic.
They have closed their airspace twice on extremely short notice which could make you end up being stuck there (they also closed the kite spot, at least the first time).
April is probably one of the better moments though with spring/summer arriving its less likely there will be another lockdown.

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Re: Dakhla?

Postby jyka » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

I was at KBC Dakhla in November/December 2021. They have a couple of kite foilboards (also wingfoils). But getting to Morocco and also getting out was so much pain .. I would not go to Morocco before covid situation is over/more stable.

Return to “Travel”