Favorite Beaches: Port la nouvelle, Dakhla, Boracay, Sanur
Style: Freestyle, all around
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: KCB - Kitecostabrava
Eleveight
Been thanked: 0

Need some advices about Zanzibar in january please

Postby Ikokite » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:48 pm

Hey the Pro's! Can you help me to find out a bit better the perfect place?

We are a middle age couple with a 6yo daughter. We are looking to go to Zanzibar o Kenya during January. We going with our kite equipment, so mostly would like to kite as much as possible and some days do some excursions and discoveries.

As I see everybody head to Paje and Jambiani but at the same time I read is a party place and busy wich is not what we really like... We are chilled, we love to kite on empty and calm places (I guess Zanzibar isn't,,,) Any of you know a place where this can be possible? Either Zanzibar or kenya.

And furthemore if some of you know a place to stay beach front calm and able to kite is more than welcome.

Thank's!

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Need some advices about Zanzibar in january please

Postby Havre » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:13 pm

I did meet some families there, but I didn't see many.

If you got cash there are some really nice quiet resorts around Paje.

On the plus side it is a really nice beach and a cool relaxed atmosphere there. On the negative for a kid you got sea urchins in the sea. Wind isn't brilliant even if we had quite a few nice days - mainly with bigger kites. I believe that is the same for Kenya. I hope it has improved since I was there in 17/18 I believe. Then getting a cold beer etc. was difficult because the fridges didn't have 24/7 with electricity.

Other than that I would say Zanzibar is OK+. Reputation is a bit exaggerated, but there are some cool spots on the island for doing other things than kiting. I wouldn't mind going back one day and I wouldn't have an issue traveling with a kid.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
Ikokite (Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:55 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Travel”