Click Bar Highlights

Forum for kitesurfers
Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Click Bar Highlights

Postby Jbrook » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 pm

So got a Click Bar 2018 here are my impressions. I love it, front lines are always tense so my 5th is always perfect, I ride Vegas. I never liked how depowered kites flew now they fly great, because you change back line length not front lines so kite flies correctly when depowered.

Stopper ball works great and takes high pressure. There will be no changing depower rope it is built to last it is a thick chunk of rubber. Also nice to not have the clam cleat and depower rope in way and rope always bouncing around. Its just a cleaner set up is a luxury not a necessity.

Bar is expensive but worth it imho, I pay for my gear and need it to last no North shops near. I always liked my North bars they last are comfortable to use etc, this just takes it up an extra notch and now I can fly kites almost completely depowered and still fly well.

Happy Holidays!!

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Re: Click Bar Highlights

Postby lindseym » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Good review. Yes, I've been riding with the CB a bit and found that its really convenient and comfortable. For me, the biggest advantage so far is the speed at which you can depower. This is great for when you want to depower just prior to hitting a trick or riding in really gusty conditions.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 am

Ah one more thing it is really nice to have depower broken down into 5 or 6 even clicks instead of how randomly you pull your clam cleat, I know not necessary but yes very nice. I have not been in the waves with it yet but for sure is unreal to be able to click 3 or 4 times and virtually get rid of kite and surf wave till you need a tow back.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andylc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:12 am

I use the click bar and agree it is great. However...I cannot see how the kite will fly any differently. Once you have decided on the trim it is (surely?) irrelevant whether it is front or back line - the relative difference between front and back lines determines the trim and therefore the depower - irrelevant whether you adjust it via changing front or back line length. However I agree it changing your riding in a good way to be able to precisely adjust depower almost instantaneously.

Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Foil/Wave/Freeride
Gear: Duotone 13m Juice 2020
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
Duotone Pace 4'10 Foilboard with Carve 950 + GT 90cm mast
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"

Postby Puetz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:45 am

... my favorite bit is I can loop the kite as many times as I like and noooooo twisting of any lines.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 am

Jbrook wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 pm
I never liked how depowered kites flew now they fly great, because you change back line length not front lines so kite flies correctly when depowered.
:rollgrin:

balticswell
Medium Poster

Postby balticswell » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 pm

rynhardt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 am
Jbrook wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 pm
I never liked how depowered kites flew now they fly great, because you change back line length not front lines so kite flies correctly when depowered.
:rollgrin:
Whats so funny here? This is a correct statement, because when depowering through the frontlines, the 5th line gets very slack under the "Y" but holds all the tension above it. With fully powered adjuster the tension on the 5th line starts from the bar, but not from the ''Y''.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 pm

This must depend on the kite - I fly JN Primadonnas - 5 line C kite - there is no difference in flying characteristics whether I use a front line or rear line depower bar - this is presumably because the 5th line is not under tension with either system.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:03 pm

balticswell wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Whats so funny here? This is a correct statement, because when depowering through the frontlines, the 5th line gets very slack under the "Y" but holds all the tension above it. With fully powered adjuster the tension on the 5th line starts from the bar, but not from the ''Y''.
Apologies, my understanding of trim systems is apparently incomplete.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:51 pm

balticswell wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 pm
:roll:
It makes no difference to the kite whether your front lines or your rear lines are changed in length to depower. With North 5th line kites the 5th was always loaded above the Y regardless. There was some 5th line slack below the Y when you depowered.. but this slack never affected your kite.

Your kite will fly the same on either the old North bar or the North click bar. The click bar simply offers convenience and ease of use.

:wink: CG

Return to “Kitesurfing”