Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Maui Pro Center Closed - Bummed

Postby DWX » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:44 am
Retail stores have really had a bad time and there have been many closures, good article at: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/26/store-c ... -year.html

The online companies are tough competition. The other day we replaced our microwave oven and ended up buying from Amazon, they were $50 cheaper than anyone, shipped it faster and for free, gave a 5% discount, and then gave us a $70 credit for applying for their credit card - which paid the balance, making it free!
It may feel like you made a sound economic decision but you were duped. Getting stuff for “free” only means you’ll pay later and more... meanwhile you killed the local economy, so next year you’ll be poorer, your purchasing power less, and more in need of free stuff than ever...

Sorry but you made a bad economic decision right there.

Aren’t there rich ppl in your area who renovate every year and selling their nearly unused top shelf appliances for cheap? eBay?... there are options if strapped for cash, just don’t feed monsters like Amazon...

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm

DWX wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 pm
I don’t know if Naish is in trouble but Hawaii is insanely expensive...
I want to start by saying DWX I'm not picking on you by saying this but....a lot of places in California are MORE expensive than Maui. Definitely sections of San Francisco, down in sections of the Cal Central Coast (where I live) and others. In parts of Cal, gas is significantly more expensive than Maui & property taxes are 3-4-5 times that of Maui. Hawaii property tax is somewhere around .25-.35 % AND you get a $200k deduction for full time residency. Cal we're basically at 1.2% with no deductions. Meaning I pay about $500 a month for a $500K property. I know someone on Maui with a $1.5M property that pays way less than what I pay. That's a big difference.

Yes food & other living expenses are high in HI but there a lot of things that are more expensive in CA.

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave

Postby DWX » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:40 pm

John Doe wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm
DWX wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 pm
I don’t know if Naish is in trouble but Hawaii is insanely expensive...
I want to start by saying DWX I'm not picking on you by saying this but....a lot of places in California are MORE expensive than Maui. Definitely sections of San Francisco, down in sections of the Cal Central Coast (where I live) and others. In parts of Cal, gas is significantly more expensive than Maui & property taxes are 3-4-5 times that of Maui. Hawaii property tax is somewhere around .25-.35 % AND you get a $200k deduction for full time residency. Cal we're basically at 1.2% with no deductions. Meaning I pay about $500 a month for a $500K property. I know someone on Maui with a $1.5M property that pays way less than what I pay. That's a big difference.

Yes food & other living expenses are high in HI but there a lot of things that are more expensive in CA.
Dude, when did I scratch your balls? And where did I say more expensive than California? Or Manhattan? It’s insanely expensive to the average Joe in Europe — and we got a lot of kiters here who’d love ve to go and buy Naish products directly from the legend, but they can’t, economically starved! On the other hand, Hawaii is probably cheap to the average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern Cali & has virtually swamped parts of the South. I was talking about the global scale, I made that pretty clear! California is in a similar situation to Hawaii and even less friendly to its locals, I know that better than you!

Relax dude we on the same team 🙄

Rakky
Medium Poster
Gear: North Neo

Postby Rakky » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:49 am

DWX wrote:
John Doe wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Dude, when did I scratch your balls? And where did I say more expensive than California? Or Manhattan? It’s insanely expensive to the average Joe in Europe — and we got a lot of kiters here who’d love ve to go and buy Naish products directly from the legend, but they can’t, economically starved! On the other hand, Hawaii is probably cheap to the average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern Cali & has virtually swamped parts of the South. I was talking about the global scale, I made that pretty clear! California is in a similar situation to Hawaii and even less friendly to its locals, I know that better than you!

'when did I scratch your balls' = 'Bust your balls??

'...and we got a lot of kiters here who’d love ve to go and buy Naish products directly from the legend, but they can’t, economically starved!' - and so where do they buy the Naish products? Are you suggesting that kiters fly to Maui just to buy Naish kites? or are you saying they buy them from local dealers or online, or buying other company products which are cheaper. Or they gave up kiting as it is unaffordable? Or are you saying that they don't have money (poor) but want to pursue a luxury lifestyle such as kiting and buy new products rather than 2-3 years old used for cheaper.

'On the other hand, Hawaii is probably cheap to the average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern Cali & has virtually swamped parts of the South' - average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern California, are not average. They would be in the small percentage. And, I haven't seen Pakistani's or Chinese first generation kiting. And where is this 'South' - south California or South of USA or South America? And I haven't seen easily identifiable Pakistanis' in Maui -

'California is in a similar situation to Hawaii and even less friendly to its locals, I know that better than you!' - seems you travel and have a lot of experience with various locales and cultures, and yet complain about businesses that thrive/grow, have higher priced products that make it less accessible to the masses (as companies need to recoup the profits during the brief period prior to competition or for the expenses for R&D), and complain about companies that offer lesser prices (Amazon) as they create more competitive prices

apropos - busting your balls!

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Rakky wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:49 am
DWX wrote:

'when did I scratch your balls' = 'Bust your balls??

'...and we got a lot of kiters here who’d love ve to go and buy Naish products directly from the legend, but they can’t, economically starved!' - and so where do they buy the Naish products? Are you suggesting that kiters fly to Maui just to buy Naish kites? or are you saying they buy them from local dealers or online, or buying other company products which are cheaper. Or they gave up kiting as it is unaffordable? Or are you saying that they don't have money (poor) but want to pursue a luxury lifestyle such as kiting and buy new products rather than 2-3 years old used for cheaper.

'On the other hand, Hawaii is probably cheap to the average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern Cali & has virtually swamped parts of the South' - average Chinese or Pakistani businessman who owns a lot of property in Northern California, are not average. They would be in the small percentage. And, I haven't seen Pakistani's or Chinese first generation kiting. And where is this 'South' - south California or South of USA or South America? And I haven't seen easily identifiable Pakistanis' in Maui -

'California is in a similar situation to Hawaii and even less friendly to its locals, I know that better than you!' - seems you travel and have a lot of experience with various locales and cultures, and yet complain about businesses that thrive/grow, have higher priced products that make it less accessible to the masses (as companies need to recoup the profits during the brief period prior to competition or for the expenses for R&D), and complain about companies that offer lesser prices (Amazon) as they create more competitive prices

apropos - busting your balls!
you don’t deserve a response, but here is a quick one:

I meant what I said: scratch your balls... move the grey matter a little to figure it out

I was talking about travel to Naish center, which closed, not purchasing products online or thru international dealers ... the rest is gibberish

Yes I love cultural diversity, I read the literatures & philosophy of five languages plus Latin, I’m widely travelled and don’t intend to stop, and that’s what makes me smart enough to figure out you are living in a global Chinese economy that’s killing us all and is partially responsible for the deterioration of kiting and surfing in Hawaii & California

Satisfied now?🙄

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:02 pm

P.S. If you haven’t seen Pakistani businessmen on Maui you’ve never set foot in the five star plus hotels, on which I based my statement that it’s insanely expensive ... which you resentfully and viciously attacked

You can disagree with what I say but you are not interested in a discussion, you just attack me bc you resent me and I that’s when I feel justified to call you names (Toby, he attacked ME, i get to defend myself; he wasn’t after a discussion, just trolling me)

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Is your avatar a picture of you? Just wondering.

slim_charles
Frequent Poster
Gear: The best

Postby slim_charles » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Bill C wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 pm
Is your avatar a picture of you? Just wondering.
Yeh i think so... unlike it's many bredren clogging up old desk drawers this one somehow managed to pull the giant pencil out it's ass and found a keyboard! :lol:

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Does anyone know where the store's gear is being sold off? There might be some good deals!

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Reading all DWX´s posts what a kook she or it must be. Really can you even kite? Attack Taut and other bonified contributors to this forum your a kook.

Return to “Kitesurfing”