Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Mystic Majestic X Waist harness Quality

Forum for kitesurfers
Kitefoiling
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kitefoiling, Estonia
Gear: Ozone kites, F One Trax HRD CARBON SERIES board, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 2017 foil (board Dwarfcraft).
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mystic Majestic X Waist harness Quality

Postby Kitefoiling » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 am

Hello I bought the Majestic X Waist Harness. Majestic X, which in my opinion was the best and also the most expensive 399 euros. If anyone knows that there are more expensive harnesses?
My Carbon harness on the back is a lot of air bubbles and trapets seem to stretch.
The stroke is well seen on the design that has started to crumble. Pictures are also included, perhaps not the best in quality, sri.
I do not know much about carbon, but in my opinion, there should not be air bubbles inside the carbon material, at least in my foil, are not they definitely? Is this still normal and does this carbon material not break off when it's composed of air? I used the harness for a month.
Mystic.jpg
Does carbon still have many small air bubbles normal?
Mystic.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
2018-01-02 08.15.16.jpg
2018-01-02 08.15.16.jpg (27.59 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
2017-12-20 18.29.37.jpg
2017-12-20 18.29.37.jpg (23.2 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
2017-12-20 18.29.46.jpg
2017-12-20 18.29.46.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
2017-12-21 07.53.05.jpg
2017-12-21 07.53.05.jpg (25.41 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Re: Mystic Majestic X Waist harness Quality

Postby Sun » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 am

I will take photos of mine later, but I do not think it has those bubbles. Granted, to those who do not have the harness in front of them, the bubbles must be tiny. Smaller than grains of sand tiny. The weave of carbon is about half the width of the tip of a 3.5mm headphone connector.

As for the scratches, I think that is fairly normal if you are not using the stuff sack it comes with. I am using mine, and I have fine scratches on the logo, but not as bad as your photos. It is a byproduct of the manner in which Mystic applied the logo with no additional protective layer. Not going to defend that choice, I am sure there was an option that would be light, tougher than nothing, and would be flexible enough to not delaminate from the carbon as it flexed over the life of the product.
Last edited by Sun on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm

First post on here, so welcome but I have to ask have you contacted either the place of purchase or Mystic Kiteboarding?

Kitefoiling
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kitefoiling, Estonia
Gear: Ozone kites, F One Trax HRD CARBON SERIES board, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 2017 foil (board Dwarfcraft).

Postby Kitefoiling » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 am

windsuks wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm
First post on here, so welcome but I have to ask have you contacted either the place of purchase or Mystic Kiteboarding?
Mystic Kiteboarding does not see any mistakes in this harness. Air bubbles in carbon and stretch marks make me worried. As I have to surf in this harness, it was questionable whether my Mystic Majestic X is still safe? If it's broken somewhere on the jump, then the result may be to painful.

Matt_TYRCZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Virginia Beach , VA
Favorite Beaches: First Landing State Park, OBX
Style: booting, kiteloop, freestyle
Gear: CORE Kiteboarding, MYSTIC , CrazyFLy

Postby Matt_TYRCZ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:31 am

send that shit back and demand good product , you are customer and you are not happy with it, especially that is so expensive ,
stand your ground

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:35 am

Those are not scratches on the yellow design. They are cracks in the paint. I think the flaws are probably cosmetic, but they are intolerable given the cost of the harness. I would take it back to the shop and expect a replacement or a refund.

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 am

Why are you telling us about it? We can't do anything for you.

Go back to your supplier and complain to him about it, this is a kiteforum, not a customer service department. It's not our job to wipe your butt

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Re: This is a technical comment

Postby jaystore » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm product designer of JAY harnesses and all companies are doing a big effort to improve this equipment not only from an aesthetic point of view, technology is progressing and the new 2018 harnesses are a real evolution.
The composite used by Mystic is thermoplastic that means the cf fabric is cemented by plastic injection (we use resin infusion) and bubbles are due to the production process.
The graphics is screen printed for sure (painted on top of the composite) and has no additional protection. The paint has a different thermal behaviour and elasticity, that is when temperature changes or usage bends the shell this will create the crack in the paint.
Normally graphics are sublimated, the paint is printed on a paper sheet, then heated on top of the inside side of a transparent polyamide foil, at around 180° paint evaporate and is incorporated by softened polyamide, the same technology used for sky and snowboards. The foil becomes the external layer of the composite but the graphics is printed on the inside surface and can't be scratched.

I don't think the thermoplastic composite will never brake (resin composite does), it's only "look" matter. Mystic will find a solution for sure and modify the production process.

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Postby jonysan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 am

Go back to your supplier and complain to him about it, this is a kiteforum, not a customer service department. It's not our job to wipe your butt
Exactly, !!

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:57 pm

jonysan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 am

Exactly, !!

Nah, that is unnecessarily aggressive, arrogant & rude. Normal for him. :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”