Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Re: Ozone Enduro V2

Postby alexeyga » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:49 pm

andylc wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm
Anyone flown the 2018 Switchblade, and Enduro either V1 or V2? I am about to splash on Ozone Enduros but am being recommended to consider the Switchblade as well...
It might be a good idea to specify what are you aiming at? What's your riding style and in which direction you're progressing?

Though - generally speaking - you'd have to look really hard nowadays for somebody who'd recommend the SB over Enduro... unless it's a Cab's rep...

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andylc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Flown c kites since forever, unhook intermittently but generally freeriding, jumping, the odd loop, would like to loop more but get wimpy coz of the c kite wang, strapless surfboard from time to time. Feel like time to move on! Don’t get out as often as I’d like so a kite which is a bit more forgiving of my timing would be nice.
Had decided on Enduro V2 then when getting deal on phone from King of Watersports I’m getting a fairly hard sell on the SB. Guy has offered a day out to demo but I’m not sure whether to bother or just ignore his advice and stick with the original plan. Have a suspicion they’ve got some stock to shift.
Stuff I’d like to get better at: waveriding strapless, looping, powered moves like dark slides, bigger jumps (best efforts are about 10m or so), maybe getting back / front rolls nailed with more height - the usual sort of stuff I guess...in an ideal world work on some freestyle moves over and above basic raileys but this may or may not actually happen...!

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:49 pm

I tried both kites and really liked the V2. Switchblade is a good kite just prefer the loops of the Enduro. I tried the V2 on a wake bar and kite was size 12 and still looped great, I can only imagine how it loops on a normal bar. I fly Vegas and like them alot we have similar riding styles so good luck and try to demo both as no 2 people ever agree on kite kit LOL

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 pm

andylc wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm
Flown c kites since forever, unhook intermittently but generally freeriding, jumping, the odd loop, would like to loop more but get wimpy coz of the c kite wang, strapless surfboard from time to time. Feel like time to move on! Don’t get out as often as I’d like so a kite which is a bit more forgiving of my timing would be nice.
Had decided on Enduro V2 then when getting deal on phone from King of Watersports I’m getting a fairly hard sell on the SB. Guy has offered a day out to demo but I’m not sure whether to bother or just ignore his advice and stick with the original plan. Have a suspicion they’ve got some stock to shift.
Stuff I’d like to get better at: waveriding strapless, looping, powered moves like dark slides, bigger jumps (best efforts are about 10m or so), maybe getting back / front rolls nailed with more height - the usual sort of stuff I guess...in an ideal world work on some freestyle moves over and above basic raileys but this may or may not actually happen...!
Forget about SB - it is definitely not your kite. If anything from Cabrinha is worth comparing to Enduros - that would be the FX. If ever you have a chance to test these back to back - go for it! And don't forget to share your thoughts afterwards! :thumb:

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Definitely not because why exactly?? I'm only interested because I gave pretty much that description to the guy at the shop, who is a very keen kitesurfer himself, and he was / is completely convinced that the SB is the kite for me!
I agree re FX and suggested the same to the guy who was trying very hard to sell me the Switchblade. To be fair it does claim to be a good all-round kite but I still prefer the look of the Enduros. With a bit of luck I plan to compare Enduro, FX and Switchblade together all on the same day.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:03 pm

andylc wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm
Are KOW pushing SB's because they have some stock to shift? Tricky question that. :wink:

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Just a guess but they’re in stock and I can have any colour I want, so they’ve got at least three of each size....as opposed to Enduros which all have to be ordered from the factory...

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 pm

andylc wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 pm
Just a guess but they’re in stock and I can have any colour I want, so they’ve got at least three of each size....as opposed to Enduros which all have to be ordered from the factory...
....and there lies your answer!

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Assuming your icon indicates you run Blast, please by all means PM me if you can offer me a deal on them - thinking of an 11,8 and a 6 + bar and 23+2 lines...

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:01 pm

andylc wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 pm
Which is what I did. Any colour you want and a great price too. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”