Forum for kitesurfers
Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Brunotti Seat Harness

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 am

Anyone have experience with the Brunotti seat harness?

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brunotti Seat Harness

Postby SaltWaterDog » Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 am

I’m a fan of Brunotti harnesses but not their suits and boards. I use the SmartShell waist harness because I like that it’s not pure hardshell but sill gives great lumbar support while remaining flexible.

Is the harness for a beginner? Unless the person has a specific need or preference for seat harness I’d recommend a waist harness. Beginners usually dump the seat harness once they’re up and riding regularly.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 am
I’m a fan of Brunotti harnesses but not their suits and boards. I use the SmartShell waist harness because I like that it’s not pure hardshell but sill gives great lumbar support while remaining flexible.

Is the harness for a beginner? Unless the person has a specific need or preference for seat harness I’d recommend a waist harness. Beginners usually dump the seat harness once they’re up and riding regularly.
It would be for hydrofoil racing. Why don't you like the suits or boards?

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri May 04, 2018 12:00 am

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm
SaltWaterDog wrote:

I see. Well, all their harnesses get good feedback from what I’ve heard/read. Can’t soeak personally for the seat option but I’m sure it’s worth a closer look.

My main gripe is quality. I’ve had a couple suits delivered which were just terrible. Didn’t even get to try them on. One was horribly glued and the one that followed was thrown in a small box like crumpled up paper and came with a large gash on the chest panel. Considering it was their “bravery” (top) line, I lost patience and moved on.

I’ve demo’ed their Onyx and Dimension boards and found them sluggish and heavy. Used with Pro strap option and didn’t really see the benefit of the higher priced strap option. Comfortable but felt like they would ‘give’ too much after regular use. Ad with respect to the strap quality I was a bit disappointed for €150. They don’t price the two I tried like some top line boards (maybe the YouriPro is awesome, dunno?) so I’m not super critical but would expect more from €700 package including Pro straps. I’m not a cheapskate if it’s a great package but at 700 and above there’s no room for buyers remorse in my opinion.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri May 04, 2018 3:35 am

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:00 am
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm
SaltWaterDog wrote:

I see. Well, all their harnesses get good feedback from what I’ve heard/read. Can’t soeak personally for the seat option but I’m sure it’s worth a closer look.

My main gripe is quality. I’ve had a couple suits delivered which were just terrible. Didn’t even get to try them on. One was horribly glued and the one that followed was thrown in a small box like crumpled up paper and came with a large gash on the chest panel. Considering it was their “bravery” (top) line, I lost patience and moved on.

I’ve demo’ed their Onyx and Dimension boards and found them sluggish and heavy. Used with Pro strap option and didn’t really see the benefit of the higher priced strap option. Comfortable but felt like they would ‘give’ too much after regular use. Ad with respect to the strap quality I was a bit disappointed for €150. They don’t price the two I tried like some top line boards (maybe the YouriPro is awesome, dunno?) so I’m not super critical but would expect more from €700 package including Pro straps. I’m not a cheapskate if it’s a great package but at 700 and above there’s no room for buyers remorse in my opinion.
Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”