Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Groove Skate

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am

salvino wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 am
Foil,

I’m like 1-2 weeks behind you. My groove skate is in the mail. I’ve just had 2 sessions on 633 using Dwarfcraft and frankly, I’m in love with the ride.

I can’t wait to try new board!

Can you elaborate on mast position for your setup please. I’m 90kg and set my 91cm mast all the way to the rear of Dwarfcraft. Whereas with the 590 wind I had it at 3cm mark. I’m riding strapless.

Thanks,
Salvatore
I will confirm later today as when I got back to my villa I moved it again, slightly more forward to find the sweet spot, and readjusted the footstraps to close them up a little so I can lock in better on toe side upwind,
The overall finish on the board is amazing, it comes with very sturdy 8mm pan head mast bolts which fit the Moses mast perfectly, and the board bag is well thought out allowing the mast to remain in place, so you can keep it protected all the time even when changing wings,
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunner into his, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:
Maybe today :naughty:

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
Kraken fuse 703k

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am

Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am
salvino wrote:
Foil,

I’m like 1-2 weeks behind you. My groove skate is in the mail. I’ve just had 2 sessions on 633 using Dwarfcraft and frankly, I’m in love with the ride.

Can you elaborate on mast position for your setup please. I’m 90kg and set my 91cm mast all the way to the rear of Dwarfcraft. Whereas with the 590 wind I had it at 3cm mark. I’m riding strapless.

Thanks,
Salvatore
I will confirm later today as when I got back to my villa I moved it again, slightly more forward to find the sweet spot, and readjusted the footstraps to close them up a little so I can lock in better on toe side upwind,
The overall finish on the board is amazing, it comes with very sturdy 8mm pan head mast bolts which fit the Moses mast perfectly, and the board bag is well thought out allowing the mast to remain in place, so you can keep it protected all the time even when changing wings,
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunnar yesterday into his flying step round gybe, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless, smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am
Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am
salvino wrote:
Foil,

Thanks,
Salvatore
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunnar yesterday into his flying step round gybe, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless, smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:
What a day!
I did find the sweet spot though, 30mm from the back of the track.
But I never got to try all my wing combinations,
a nice fella from Tenerife asked for a ride on my gear, and he said just for 10 minutes,
Blimey! He was off and was loving it, even trying aerial 360s, propper hard types, totaly airborne with nothing In the water, he needed to come in for a change of kite and I gave him my 6mtr Ozone Reo to use,
I was loving watching the mad moves he was trying, nutcase! You could see him smiling from 200 yards away.
Then the wind died, :-o
Arr-well, forecast for the next week is awesome, wind and waves, :thumb:

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Sun May 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Did I get the Groove owners right, that standard track position covers the required 633 set back nicely ? Thanks guys !

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Sun May 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Yes Foxi,
The Groove Tracks allow you to set the 633 wing in the sweet spot, with room to spare 😎

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Sun May 13, 2018 6:20 pm

One thing that should be factored in,
It took me 3 days to feel totally at home on my Groove Skate,
Back on my T60 tomorrow to try out the new further back mast position facilitated by the new mast tracks

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm

thanks Foil 👍

phlow
Frequent Poster
Weight: 216lbs
Local Beach: Leeside, Beasley, Sandestin
Favorite Beaches: Long Beach, Provo, Turks and Caicos
Sandy Spit, BVI's
Loblolly Bay, Anegada
Coco Plum, Exuma
Style: Foil, Freeride, Surf
Gear: Duotone Neo / Mono, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Kanaha Shapes Much Macho, Moses Hydrofoils

Postby phlow » Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Good for Michele but bad for the rest of us, but I think Michele got utterly slammed with skate orders after Gunnar's video.

I was promised 15 days order to delivery on April 3 and I ordered that day (I'm in Houston TX).
He finally told me the board was finished on April 23 and I paid and would have a tracking number soon.
Still nothing a month later. I've consciously tried not to bug him, sending an email only every 3 weeks or so.

I'm not bashing the dude, I just think he probably is just dealing with cash flow and production order issues. I'm sure mine will come soon. I just want other potential purchasers to have realistic expectations if they are ordering.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Wed May 23, 2018 11:03 pm

phlow wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 pm
Good for Michele but bad for the rest of us, but I think Michele got utterly slammed with skate orders after Gunnar's video.

I was promised 15 days order to delivery on April 3 and I ordered that day (I'm in Houston TX).
He finally told me the board was finished on April 23 and I paid and would have a tracking number soon.
Still nothing a month later. I've consciously tried not to bug him, sending an email only every 3 weeks or so.

I'm not bashing the dude, I just think he probably is just dealing with cash flow and production order issues. I'm sure mine will come soon. I just want other potential purchasers to have realistic expectations if they are ordering.
Thanks for posting, phlow. Sorry to hear about your predicament. I wouldn't be so patient. If you paid a month ago and haven't received delivery, you oughta' give him an earful on a daily basis until he makes good on his promises. Good luck.

salvino
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Eastern end of Lake Erie
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Hatteras
Lakes Erie and Ontario
Gear: Stallion SB
Moses 633,590,500 HF
Temavento board
Grooveskate board
Airush Ultra, North Neo 5,7,9

Postby salvino » Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 am

Phlox and all,

I’m in same boat and just trying to be patient. I do imagine he got swamped after that Gunnar endorsement. Kudos to Gunnar’s value (a plug for him) and grooveskate for their design innovation. I’m fine waiting and trying not to be a pest.

Plus I’ve been on Dwarfcraft 54” and beginning to get tacks. So I have enough on my plate at the moment.

Return to “Hydrofoil”