Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Forum for kitesurfers
wedge
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Postby wedge » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:37 am

Seems like the very title of this thread was designed to troll Marlborough Man into another Shocking Winds fever dream.

Who the hell buys carbon credits to offset travel?? Do you drop by the carbon credit kiosk next to the Starbucks?

Congrats Osprey. Well played.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 pm
Essentially he is doing little to convince those opposed or in the middle.
I don't care, and I am not sure if you are right, because if you take a look at what is going on in the world these days, people are sick of fake do gooders, status seeking narcissistic types. That's my observation lately. The tide is beginning to turn on this issue, because we are just discovering fake science in other disciplines, like: social, nutritional, environmental and even health sciences. There is an actual scientific study showing half of all science studies are junk. How did I sense it, a decade in advance, I don't know. Maybe, I should be working at the Pentagon with my super sensitive bullshit detecting radar. :lol:

Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .

Postby Sandras » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 pm

marlboroughman wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:46 pm

... people are sick of fake do gooders, status seeking narcissistic types.
How did I sense it, a decade in advance, I don't know. Maybe, I should be working at the Pentagon with my super sensitive bullshit detecting radar.
You are a wasted talent! :baby:
Tell us more!

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:11 pm

You are a cyber bully with a dick growing out of your forehead. Do you want more? Show up at my place since you are this deranged to take time and abuse your profession to harvest my personal info.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Sandras wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Tell us more!
You are a cyber bully with a dick growing out of your forehead. Do you want more? Show up at my place since you are this deranged to take time and abuse your profession to harvest my personal info.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Reel it back in M&M. You have some great points, but this is what I was talking about. A troll following another troll into the gutter is not something that gives credibility to any argument. And yes, sometimes I have to take my own advice.

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Greenturtle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Fake science?

Last time I checked, you dont have to be a scientist, or listen to any scientists, or even read the news, to know betond any doubt that humans are having a massive detrimental impact on the environment in every category. Every single aspect. Water. Air. Soil. And every living thing that relies on those things. Including us.

Anyone that claims that everthing is fine and that we cannot possibly be having an impact that is causing any negative consequences has apparently not stepped out into the world in quite some time.

There are a lot of people who make a lot of money off of the destruction of nature and the environment. Therefore they have the motivation and the resources to do a damn good job at pulling the wool over as many peoples eyes as they can in order to keep the profits rolling as long as possible.

Im not saying we should all buy some bogus carbon credits. But to flatly deny these problems, clearly just means you either personally profit from it or just dont care.

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow

Postby Greenturtle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm

BTW I think this topic is completely appropriate for this forum for many reasons, but the main one:

Rising sea level can be viewed as the future Number 1 Access Limitation that faces the sport.

Beach already skinny? Try adding more water and see if that helps.

Anybody enjoy launching directly out of the ruins of destroyed buildings? How about mangrove thickets? Cliffs? All a reality of the future of sea level rise.

Or we can continue to debate the cause of this problem, while kiteboarders access is slowly and surely eaten up worldwide inch by inch.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Greenturtle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm
BTW I think this topic is completely appropriate for this forum for many reasons, but the main one:

Rising sea level can be viewed as the future Number 1 Access Limitation that faces the sport.

Beach already skinny? Try adding more water and see if that helps.

Anybody enjoy launching directly out of the ruins of destroyed buildings? How about mangrove thickets? Cliffs? All a reality of the future of sea level rise.

Or we can continue to debate the cause of this problem, while kiteboarders access is slowly and surely eaten up worldwide inch by inch.
Chicken Little? The sea level has risen how much? Should we all head for the hills?
Last edited by SalmonSlayer on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:10 pm

@ Sandras

That is creepy and crosses a line that should be enforced, but as usual, our mod will have no clue unless its pointed out to him. Not so much that you dug around and found a pic of Mr Marl, but to use it here is crossing a line.

Like I said, your more likely to get banned for questioning why a kiter would ever want to twirl their board than you are for shit like this!

Personal stalking is just off man. What is your goal by putting a pic of the guy as your avatar for just long enough for him to see it? To intimidate him? He's a monumental dick, but you argue or you don't, and you do it based on the bullshit that comes out of his mouth on this here forum. You don't stalk him. It's super lame and creepy.

Seriously, this place!

Don't make yourself one more reason for its decline.

Return to “Kitesurfing”