A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that
Brand Affiliation: None

concept air pulsion

Postby slowboat » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:14 pm

I am interested in the 12 m for hydrofoiling. What type of bars can I use with this kite? I currently have BRM CCS bars.

Thanks

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: concept air pulsion

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Hmmm, I would say you can use any bar for any kite, no doubt.

Only the few and rare (non race nor hydrofoil specific) loaded 5 line kites needs a specific bar as far as I can estimate :wink:

So any bar will work :thumb:

8) PF

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Correct Peter.
I recommend at least 58 cm wide for light wind (Can be less for surfing without foil in medium wind).

The Pulsion likes long lines 24-30 m . Absolutely needs to release on only one front line because very stable on two rear lines (Almost auto-zenith).

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Kook proof connectors? Knots front or back?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Knots on all kite terminations

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 pm

The Little baby (3.69m ) in action with gusts at 40 noeuds :

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

You can't use any bar with foil kites. First, you need a single front line security. And second, not all security system are ok with foil kites. For example a Core Sensor2 bar does not work with the Pulsion because when you flag the kite there is still some residual pull in the kite. Best to try your security first in LW with your setup to be sure. With a LEI kite, yes any 4 lines bar of equal lenght works but foil kite require more security line lenght to flag completely.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Yes always take care about compatibility of safety, but as most LEI s use frontline and also most foil kites do, most time it is not a problem.

I am very happy with this one on my ConceptAir https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/37-barre ... arter.html
Especially from the price to value aspect. I just would recommend to shorten the about 2 m leader lines to about 1,3 m especially if you use bigger kites otherwise the cross point of the lines after a loop is around those 2 m conection point of flying lines and can see higher wear at the line connections. And better use the thinner lines of the bar in this special offer, as foil kites like thinner back lines and a freeride foil don't require thicker front lines.

@Regis-de-giens: Didn't know you have a Pulsion 3,7 m² very nice :thumb: . Would be a pleasure to have a test of the both small ConceptAir s together one day. :D

Kiteattitude Bar with the ConceptAir Wave 4,5 m² https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Bien5Pysg

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Sorry Sergio it is not mine , it is the photo of a friend (who started foiling last year and still comfoetable in 40+...) ; he also owns the pulsion 9m, and tried the 6m and the wave 4.5 as far as i know.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:59 am

A new opus from the Pulsion is coming in addition to the current one !

The designer of the Pulsion Benoit Tremblay made a trip in France last week, so Steph (from Lesfoilz french forum) proposed a meeting/ kite session with him last week-end; very nice day, first time we met him face-to-face, he's so gentle and interesting , having lived the kitesurf history from inside when F-one creator was still a Conceptair rider ! nice meeting !

He is developping a new opus from Pulsion, calling Pulsion 'S' for "Sport" but keeping the current Pulsion alive in parallel ; he add a prototype with him, we tried it under 8-12 knots with several skilled riders ; my feedback : still "pulsion" feeling that I love, and a bit more fast and higher high end ; low-end seems a bit trickier for a foilkite beginner (need loop for waterstart, need a bit more attention at the edge of the window if low on the water) ; but differences are minimal, and accessibility/stability remains in its genetical code; for snowkite or x-trem light wind requiring a perfect flight during loop, I still like my standard Pulsion;

I also back-to-backed it with a Kitech FRS : good kite overall, very forgiving but (much) less efficient in light wind; very comfortable and easy; good relaunch; less "punchy" and more "neutral" than Pulsion (which is not a judgment, FRS is a "easy" kite)

Return to “Hydrofoil”