Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Swimming Is The Best Exercise....

Forum for kitesurfers
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Swimming Is The Best Exercise....

Postby Foil » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am

nothing2seehere wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 am
Woah! What time do you get up in the morning?

I get up at 6:30 to get to work at 8:00. Get home at 6 and then look for time to get on the water. You must be getting up at 5am in order to get 90 minutes in the gym!
in the gym at 6.30am, out of the pool by 9.30am breakfast at 10am.
work?
narr, gave that up 14 months ago and then took up Foilboarding, but had to wait 4 weeks for my gear to arrive, (longest 4 weeks of my life)

Anyways I don't have time for work anymore, foilboarding ensures you spend a good deal of the week on the water, in the last two-three weeks I have not even seen a twintip manage to get upwind, and most days not even bother to turn up,
it was funny last week when steve was on his 16mtr foil race kite and I was on my Reo 12mtr, very light winds but steve had to come in and change down to an 11 edge, not a twin tip in sight, incredible sport.

espana23
Medium Poster
Gear: NA

Postby espana23 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Guttorm wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 pm
If you have serious knee pain this is working wery well
https://youtu.be/wP1Vv5Bzw_Q
It looks lame, but you will feel a lot better in 2-3 weeks.
I've heard a lot about that video in regards to addressing knee pain. How was your experience with that knee exercise? What type of issue did you have with your knee?

Sorry to get a bit off the topic of swimming, but I am curious to hear from someone that has used that exercise for knee problems.

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Foil wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:45 am
I am 64 in a few weeks, and feel 20 years younger, but once you get into a routine of going to the gym and pool early morning before breakfast the afternoon sessions on the water feel fantastic.
it has amazed me how much fitter you need to be to really get the best out of foilboarding, you cant get away with being lazy.
I'm stoked for you. I think you did a good job of summarizing things. :D

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:36 pm

fish need swimming ! we do not leave in the water, we need to take care of the muscle that help us to stand still ,to work ,to walk and maintain correct postura ......not the muscles developed in the water.
much better fitness,low martial arts ,dancing ,soccer ,running ,pilates ,skiing etc .
all high level swimmer once they stop the sport carry around 6 8 kilos of extra weight completely uneuseful on normal living .
L4 and L5 have to support those extra kilos for years ......back problems!!!!!!
once kids learn to swim should be taken away from pools ....just to be able not to drawn.
should even be banned at the olimpics.
I did swimming high level then waterpolo that is even worse when I was young ,teached swimming was my first job.
years lost!!!!
to be fit 50 should be dedicated at the" engine" and 50 at trasmission and balancing while swimming goes to 90 and 10
it is definitely good if you have relax and feel better but you choose the worst sport!

lobodomar
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby lobodomar » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 am

piccio wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:36 pm
fish need swimming ! we do not leave in the water, we need to take care of the muscle that help us to stand still ,to work ,to walk and maintain correct postura ......not the muscles developed in the water.
much better fitness,low martial arts ,dancing ,soccer ,running ,pilates ,skiing etc .
all high level swimmer once they stop the sport carry around 6 8 kilos of extra weight completely uneuseful on normal living .
L4 and L5 have to support those extra kilos for years ......back problems!!!!!!
once kids learn to swim should be taken away from pools ....just to be able not to drawn.
should even be banned at the olimpics.
I did swimming high level then waterpolo that is even worse when I was young ,teached swimming was my first job.
years lost!!!!
to be fit 50 should be dedicated at the" engine" and 50 at trasmission and balancing while swimming goes to 90 and 10
it is definitely good if you have relax and feel better but you choose the worst sport!
Attachments
1258854.main_image.jpg
1258854.main_image.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
589929580.jpg

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:15 am

The only problem I have with swimming, and gyms, is you have to go somewhere to do them. It's very inconvenient.

I have a weight bench, a set of dumb bells, and a phone app that offers a selection of exercises and keeps track. It's easy to fit in a workout anytime in the morning without having to do anything special to make it happen. No special clothes required.

At my age (61) I find the most important thing is to avoid injury. I get the best benefit of using relatively light weights and high repetitions.

Foiling is a bit of a problem. At first it is hard. Once you develop the skill it is absolutely effortless. But the occasional beatings can still happen and you need some strength and endurance to deal with it. Just foiling all the time will not generate the fitness to deal with the rare beatings.

Foiling is also problem in winter because I don't work hard enough to generate any body heat. Now it's ok because my skills and gear have improved. I don't fall in that much so I can wear a semi-dry suit and stay toasty warm up out of the water.

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 am

That's it! diego has the head vertical to shoulders ,ankle,knees and it means all the cartilages bones connession work properly flat each other down to the feet.
michael has the head 2 3 cm leaning forward that means a" potential "squeezing of cartilage because vertebra are not working flat each other.

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:38 am

I personally enjoy lifting weight, in the gym, as a side exercise.
However, from May-November I stay at our kite spot, away from any Gym, during this time, push ups, chin ups, TRX, and Girya do just fine and I can do that in or around my house...

cheers

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 am

nothing2seehere wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 am
Woah! What time do you get up in the morning?

I get up at 6:30 to get to work at 8:00. Get home at 6 and then look for time to get on the water. You must be getting up at 5am in order to get 90 minutes in the gym!
I suspect retired. That’s what I’m aiming for when I’m 64 😀

Return to “Kitesurfing”