marioparacuru wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm
Is slingshot becoming out of hand?
Out of hand? No, they’re trying to stay ahead, par or catch up with the market demands and trends.
They have some amazing products, and in 2019 line you see some really neat stuff:
- safety wingtips on their heavy shot aluminum line wings. I bet someone got their kite of foot penetrated hard to make that happen
- thinner, lighter micro Dwarfcraft
- same great Rally
- same great SST
- finally the new Moses line (windsurf section is in already)
But don’t forget, Slingshot is kind of slow to learn:
- it took years to “invent” bar bungees
- colored lines so much desired by all who ride snow are probably still under R&D
- what the hell is wrong with twintip line, who intheir right mind would buy things like Glide
- for some nostalgic reason the Fuel is still being reincarnated every year. I guess whatever, they were good kites, people who loved them are still alive and riding
- the 2017 foil line with old, scooped from dark corner, Moses race wings was certainly a disaster. It’d be cool to see the presentation marketing did to Tony pushing that madness
- it seems the kitesurfboard offering is pretty wide. Not seeing people actually use these much I wonder how those are bringing profit
- Aluminum foil fuselage and its rear tip certainly need a lipo and face lift to be neat at least as much as Axis aluminum foil. It’s heavy and ugly as is and overbuilt by factor of what, 50x ?