Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Nitro 7 Proto Photos

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:32 am

Kykeon wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Was there a similar thread about the krypto or is it the drugs that I'm doing make me imagine things?
Please note that the other topic has been deleted by the request of the original poster.

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster
Style: freeride/wave
Gear: all that is good quality and affordable
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mattenzuchtig » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

Maybe this could have been announced?... This feels a bit fishy..🙄😉 when all of a sudden threads dissapear without any sign, when where there was a bit of hot smoke coming off
My 2 c

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.
Been thanked: 0

Postby _Jakobie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Funny how the post starter want the topic to be deleted when the question/rumours was called out...

galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15.5m Switch H2, 12m SS RPX, 7/10m RPM ('19), 8m SS UFO V2.0, 5/6[V5]/8m[V6] SS SST, SS Phantasm 633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'4 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 4.4 & 5.4 Vayu wings
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Postby galewarning » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Side topic - to the Krypto thread I had deleted
@Everyone - Hard to post to a thread that's deleted. BTW, I love hot kitchens and smoke. Put some more wood on the fire. Crank it up! I love exposing the truth and righting wrongs. However, my good intention was potentially going to cause collateral damage. This wasn't an intentional hit and run. The truth will come out one way or another. Perhaps we can chat up this topic further down the road. Until then...
TTFN,
Barry

jorg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Toronto, ON
Style: Big Air
Gear: Ten Velox, XR, Ozone Edge

Postby jorg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey Bill,
Thanks again for all those great kite designs you accomplished at Switch. Me and my wife are enjoying our Elements/Nitros/Heliums every day.
I heard that you might join to Slingshot family. Is there any truth in it? :D

Hansen Design wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 am
Hello Shave & Jorg:
I have a 30+ year longstanding policy to never copy anything no matter the product. When it is proposed I offer an immediate resignation (as I did vehemently in this case.) The kite shown was one of a suite of 5 protos exploring 3vs5 strut versions with similar profile and spanwise AoA and varying AR and bridles. It is vastly different from any existing kite on the market with more panels and a new innovative sawtooth fabric orientation seam to cleanly preserve shape under load. Personally, I think it is a great kite. Anyone interested is welcome to come to the Gorge and fly kites with me when I am not working. I have many interesting prototype kites to try and the local beers rock.
:-)
Cheers!

jaros
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jaros » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Please note that the other topic has been deleted by the request of the original poster.
This brings out the question: is the original poster the owner of the topic and all of its content provided by other posters?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm

jorg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm
Hey Bill,
Thanks again for all those great kite designs you accomplished at Switch. Me and my wife are enjoying our Elements/Nitros/Heliums every day.

Hansen Design wrote:
Hello Shave & Jorg:
I have a 30+ year longstanding policy to never copy anything no matter the product. When it is proposed I offer an immediate resignation (as I did vehemently in this case.) The kite shown was one of a suite of 5 protos exploring 3vs5 strut versions with similar profile and spanwise AoA and varying AR and bridles. It is vastly different from any existing kite on the market with more panels and a new innovative sawtooth fabric orientation seam to cleanly preserve shape under load. Personally, I think it is a great kite. Anyone interested is welcome to come to the Gorge and fly kites with me when I am not working. I have many interesting prototype kites to try and the local beers rock.
Cheers!
He's with Slinghot now :thumb: Guess the prototypes that 'supposedly' weren't good enough for some folks on a certain beach, are good enough for Slingshot to hire him :lol: :naughty:

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

mattenzuchtig wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am
Maybe this could have been announced?... This feels a bit fishy..🙄😉 when all of a sudden threads dissapear without any sign, when where there was a bit of hot smoke coming off
My 2 c
jaros wrote:
This brings out the question: is the original poster the owner of the topic and all of its content provided by other posters?
I brought up getting posts back with toby and didn't really get a response on it.

I have also brought up the editing and deleting of posts by toby. It is his forum but would be nice if posts at least showed that had been edited or deleted. As it stands it is very invisible. Having been subject to a bit of this and witnessing it, it does seem to happen often. In the case of editing the posts the content then no longer is the product of the user and would be toby's responsibility.

I am really surprised that there aren't freedom of speech protections for public forums like this. It's a violation of human rights. But then Germans are expert at that.

hongchew
Medium Poster
Gear: airush

Postby hongchew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Faxie wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm
jorg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm
Hey Bill,

Hansen Design wrote:
Hello Shave & Jorg:
Cheers!
He's with Slinghot now :thumb: Guess the prototypes that 'supposedly' weren't good enough for some folks on a certain beach, are good enough for Slingshot to hire him :lol: :naughty:
So everyone is happy. Now let's move on...

icedub
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Vermont
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element v4: 5m, 7m
Switch Element v6: 9m, 12m
Boards: Axis Division TT and Homemade Shinnster "The Spinster"
Been thanked: 0

Postby icedub » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Hansen Design wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Hello cnski:
One year ago, Switch management made the decision to outsource their products from other vendors (bars, boards, kites, etc) and cease in-house development to reduce costs. They did not reveal this decision publically or to their customers. I'm sorry to hear you made a purchase of the H3 believing it my design but very glad you like it. I believe it to be a re-branded Storm Voyager from France. Also, I had no part in the E6 model which appears to be from Ikon kites.
Cheers!
This kind of breaks my heart a little bit. I've been riding Switch since I started kiting and happened to pick up a used v2 9m Element online. I read about the brand.. direct to consumer, independent designs, and was sold on Switch! I'm still a happy rider, with a quiver of V4 Elements (5m and 7m) and V6 Elements (9m and 12m). I love the new elements, so I'm not sure why it should matter to me so much that they are just a rebranded version of another kite. But it does bother me.. maybe because of the lack of transparency from switch? Maybe because now I'm relying on a different brand's design and manufacturing chops than what it actually says on my kite? Switch is still the best deal in town for quality, new kites.. but I wonder how long that can last if they aren't making the products themselves?

Return to “Kitesurfing”