Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Forum for kitesurfers
thewindego
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Gear: core and windego boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't buy a Core kite before you read this!

Postby thewindego » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 pm

@jumpthshark

Yes much like North, ozone, Cabrinha to name a few I have numbers for. The thing is core never goes on closeout like Cab always does and SS dumps a cargo load in the market. Thats ok too.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:05 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:58 pm
But when the USA distributor Brett emailed me with attitude and with his words "you are welcome that we put this order in on Sunday night", that's what it tipped me off. I pay a really high price for a kite, asking for a service, getting charged international shipping, he puts an order on Sunday evening after I reached out on Thursday night, and I'm welcome?
People reading here need to know the "real reason" why this "little bridle incident" sent you over the edge and made you go psycho ranting

You have been acting like a jerk with e-mails to Core USA for the past 2 years.....prior to all this !!

You are UPSET because you were DENIED the status of AMBASSADOR with Core kites

YOU "first" gave attitude to the importer so he handed it right back to you because you are a spoiled little bitch

That's sums it all up...the truth

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Now that we know PullStrings is someone who talked to Brett, let's clear the air up. Cause unlike Core and Brett I talk with my own name without using 3rd parties.

2 years ago I was really into kiteboarding, they had the XR4 kites, I asked about their ambassador program. I talked to Brett on the phone, I was using Switchblades back then. He mentioned that first I need to buy XR4s full price (sneaky salesman tactics, he even sent me an invoice right away), then if they like what I'm doing, they may consider some discounts.

I realized I was neither a Pro, nor was gonna be, had a top-level job, decided to prioritize my real work and buy my own kites my own. 2 years later I talked to Core USA for a corporate group order, not an ambassador discount.

I also have group discounts on some brands and use them, but for the big air stuff, I bought XR5s from a dealer myself.

Now when I complained to Brett (Core USA), about this issue, he replied "this is why we didn't want you as ambassador". That's exactly the problem is: Professionalism vs Personalism.

I moved on, bought my own kites and kept kiting as hobby, but he didn't realize he is Core USA, he has to be professional. I didn't ask him for free stuff, I asked service which I paid for.

It's crazy that after 2 years, he went back to my old emails, pulled this off and replied to me like that.

Thanks Pullstring for letting me open the context better and explain how unprofessional people represent the Core brand.

The problem is not Brett, he won't be able to find bridles either way.

The problem is Core, who chooses these kind of people to represent for them, and not even giving them spare parts to service.
Last edited by ulukaya on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: XR5, Fusion 3.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SaltWaterDog » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm

This is why people should always take unsubstantiated claims and accusations with a few hundred kilos of salt. At least.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 pm

ulukaya wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 pm
Now that we know PullStrings is someone who talked to Brett, let's clear the air up. Cause unlike Core and Brett I talk with my own name without using 3rd parties.

2 years ago I was really into kiteboarding, they had the XR4 kites, I asked about their ambassador program. I talked to Brett on the phone, I was using Switchblades back then. He mentioned that first I need to buy XR4s full price (sneaky salesman tactics, he even sent me an invoice right away), then if they like what I'm doing, they may consider some discounts.

I realized I was neither a Pro, nor was gonna be, had a top-level job, decided to prioritize my real work and buy my own kites my own. 2 years later I talked to Core USA for a corporate group order, not an ambassador discount.

I also have group discounts on some brands and use them, but for the big air stuff, I bought XR5s from a dealer myself.

Now when I complained to Brett (Core USA), about this issue, he replied "this is why we didn't want you as ambassador". That's exactly the problem is: Professionalism vs Personalism.

I moved on, bought my own kites and kept kiting as hobby, but he didn't realize he is Core USA, he has to be professional. I didn't ask him for free stuff, I asked service which I paid for.

It's crazy that after 2 years, he went back to my old emails, pulled this off and replied to me like that.

Thanks Pullstring for letting me open the context better and show you guys what kind of childish people represent the Core brand.
MAN....GO ON SOME MORE PLEASE !!!

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 am

SaltWaterDog wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm
This is why people should always take unsubstantiated claims and accusations with a few hundred kilos of salt. At least.
are you referring to the original post?
I don't really see anything unsubstantiated in it.
I sort of went through the same hurdle, replacing my bridles a year before this post (and OP referenced my thread in the root post)
The whole thread is an entertaining read on so many levels, but the main take away is basically:
if you buy CORE, do not assume that a brand new kite will last a year w/o maintenance and factor in the maintenance cost when you make purchasing decision.
In case of US customers that will probably be $200-300 extra (for lines/pulleys, ceramic bearings and other stuff that can't last through the first year with any decent use)..
thanks to current crazy mark-up on parts and international shipping.. and yes there are cheaper alternatives.

newold86
Rare Poster
Gear: Core

Postby newold86 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am

deniska wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 am
if you buy CORE, do not assume that a brand new kite will last a year w/o maintenance
Two years, nine kites (Free and Section), two bars, four boards (everything from Core, of course), zero issues - what am I doing wrong ?

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm

Postby ulukaya » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:57 am

You are talking about surf kites. Don't know if you boost or not, or how often do you kite. We are talking about XR the one they market as big air.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 am

Bridles do not fail after 20 sessions. Core kites ride for years without maintenance (and what maintenance LEIs need?)

Stop pouring dirt on overpriced gear.

But though buy American.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 am

Foil wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 am
coupdevill wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 am
Maybe it's time to close this thread...

coup
no its not!
still some popcorn left in my box :lol:
Most accurate post in this thread back from page 9! I think we have enough material here for a 30-60 minute episode of some tv show. I wanna play the part of Graemey!

AND PLEASE, lets not go back to the grammar/graemmar, thing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”