Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ocean Rodeo: The Next Gen Bars Are Here

Postby Toby » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 am

Ocean Rodeo News:

The Next Gen Bars Are Here

Ocean Rodeo 1.jpg

After a long summer spent on getting you what would get you to go further on the water with our next generation kite lineup, we knew that we couldn’t just stop there. Our bars were in need of an upgrade that fit the caliber of kites and to provide you with gear that is an enabler and not a distraction.

After all this, Ocean Rodeo is proud to announce our new lineup of bars. Made to suit all your needs we’ve developed this lineup to match your style, be rugged and true, and not overbearing. Keeping things simple so you spend less time reading this article and more time kiting!

INTRODUCING THE SHIFT

Ocean Rodeo 2.jpg

The Shift bar notes some refinements from it’s previous iteration as the Stick Shift. Slimming everything down (including it’s name) the Shift bar is more profiled, built even tougher, and is engineered with the help of the performance engineering group r3.
Using their ‘r3inforced’ framework, the Shift bar is built with key components that allowed us to take an existing backline trim bar and make it last longer in rougher conditions, act more presicely without taking your eyes off the water, and create a more direct feeling to your kites.

Learn More

Ocean Rodeo 3.jpg

THE PILOT BAR

Ocean Rodeo 4.jpg

Already soft released to the public for some time now the Pilot Bar was made to show that high end engineering doesn’t always have to have complex solutions.

Fulfilling our lineup and taking things down to basics the Pilot Bar allowed for us to put forth simple solutions to complex problems.
The pilot bar contains an ‘r3inforced’ framework as well, with a precision cleat lock, stainless steel center with a dual chamber polyurethane tubing to ensure no chaffing and no line tangle.

Learn More

"We're happy to be able to listen to what our customers are saying. Whether you're more traditional, or totally committed to the newer backline trim systems, we feel we've developed two bars that can bring smiles to riders, and excitement to sessions."
- Richard Myerschough

Check in store to see if the shift or pilot bar are offered to you. If not you are more than able to pick one up through OceanRodeo.com. Remember if you haven't yet used your 10% off code, now is the time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZa_em0A68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZa_em0A68

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Re: Ocean Rodeo: The Next Gen Bars Are Here

Postby Do-it » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am

Wtf ocean rodeo?? 700 bucks for a bar?

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alford » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm

The Canadian Core?

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm

True game changer, other should follow
😂

Who comes up with is marketing crap? It can’t be people who kitesurfing otherwise they would look silly

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:48 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm
I must have missed where they said that? I have both of these bars and I had the V1 stick shift. I prefer the shift bar over the control bar the rear line trim just speaks to me, I use it primarily for foiling, its nice to be able to adjust trim with one hand on the bar and it has a lot of throw if you move the stopper up the PU tube.

My only complaint is the line holder bungees on the "control" bar are not recessed like they are with the shift bar so they have a tendency to flap about while wrapping your lines.. not a big deal just more of a pet peeve of mine I guess.
The new chicken loop is awesome, so much easier to reload and that matters to me since I use a rope slider. I have to release and reload each time I go out. Both bars are super comfortable to hold, the lines are nice and stiff so they don't tangle at all and the swivel turns nice and easy. They provide you with 3 or 4 sets of reversible pig tails as well which is a nice touch in the event your lines stretch

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:50 pm

$700 must imply that, Are kitesurfers a cash cows? For some companies Yes!

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:21 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm
😂

Who comes up with is marketing crap? It can’t be people who kitesurfing otherwise they would look silly
Yeh better level up
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:42 am

SWEET....

When are the foils coming?????

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 am

Do-it wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am
Wtf ocean rodeo?? 700 bucks for a bar?
Haha, I used to get feedback about the older versions of OR bars being "behind the market leaders" and "unrefined", even though they were priced appropriately & functioned very well.
Now OR have two neat and refined bars with high quality line sets, it's a surprise they are priced accordingly.

btw $700 is the Shift bar complete,
Pilot is $525 complete.

No calls of game changing I've seen, but the Shift bar is pretty nice in waves and foiling.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am

How much money you have to spend to develop and then produce bar? They should cost $100-200. There is no rocket science when it comes to bar. They either take a piss or they expect to magically give 50-60% discounts on their bars.

Return to “Kitesurfing”