Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2019 Duotone Click Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
wrogu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2019 Duotone Click Bar

Postby wrogu » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:38 am

Just replace the lines. There are some SK99 likes on the market. There was a great line shop here, but closed :(

I have north bars - I like their design, they were very best with iron heart couple years ago. Better or worse lines, did not matter. Now - competition did catch up. Imho north should reconsider their line supplier. If I bought a click bar (and unlike my wake bar the bar cover would hold...) I would replace all of the lines the moment I have any doubt - for ozone/slingshot/rrd/airush quality lines.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am

I must say the slingshot lines do look top quality, or maybe its the brilliant white clean look when there new that's catching my eye.
I keep thinking back to standard Q line many of us used way back around 2002-4, thats when lines were used on kites with very little de-power so the lines were often stressed to the maximum.and Q line just seemed to soak it all up and mine never broke ever, there was no whipping used just a larks head knot at both ends.
I wonder if anyone is using Q line still today, and if so where they are buying it, I used to buy it in 100mtr drums and cut it myself. you could buy it in different colours as well.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:43 am

Q power line from a wind of change in the USA. Reasonable shipping cost international. My Q-power bought 3 years ago still looks new.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Yeah overall I am very happy with my '17 Click bar. Just my lines really stretched out a ton to the point were I swapped pigtails a few times and had to calibrate my bar frequently. It was enough stretch that my bar would be canted heavily one way to correct for the unequal line lengths. I'm no pro rider really pushing the limits either. Sure I've crashed hard on occasion but nothing drastic. I've never had a bar from another vendor that had such inconsistent lines. Mine also frayed heavily with minimal use. Somewhat disconcerting while rigging and kitelooping.......again my stuff is properly maintained and not abused.

North and Kiteboarding.com were nice enough to send me the '18 line kit upgrade at cost due to the premature wear and so the V distributor didn't chew itself up (known issue on '17). I haven't even put the kit on. I'm probably going to just unload it online and have KB.com redo my bar this winter with Q power lines. It was around $250 if I recall. The bar is great, but there's definitely room for improvement with the line set.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
Kraken fuse 703k

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,

Postby Foil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:55 pm

After Wayne's close call with his line snap situation 2 weeks ago, which made me check my 12 month old 2018 series click bar and immediately retiring it untill I find a fix for the frayed lines.
I think I have this covered now after ordering 3 line sets of Q line 25 MTR, they come in 3 colour ways for each set so no chance of mixing them up,
The thing I remember about these lines is the fact they have no boing, no elastic feel when loading them up, they behave like steel lines, direct feel and instant power, and the other difference is they don't snap, loads of us used them years ago and we never broke them.
No fraying, very smooth surface so never stick when rolling out.

I took my click bar to bits today and it was full of sand inside, my fault for never servicing it before, it's easy to do so will be done more often
Pics to follow

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Imagebove.Lack of bar service, 12 months of use, very regular use.
Below.ropey lines, sticky when rolling out, fraying around where splicing finishes
Last edited by Foil on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Anyone have the lengths of the front and rear line sets?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:34 pm

yes.
just removed all lines today and measured them.
I use the 4 line 2018 click bars 24mtr.
extension lines are 2mts x4
rear lines are 22mtr x2
Upper front lines are 11mtr x2
The other lower front lines are double thickness and consist of the red flag-out line, from the chicken loop to up through the pu centre line and 11mtrs up to join with the standard thickness upper front line.
The other lower front line is again double thickness and follows exactly the same route through the pu centre line and 11mtrs up to join the other 11mtr single thickness upper centre line
Neither of the two double thickness 11mtr lower front lines need replacing, they are in good condition with no fraying.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm

You've certainly come some way since your post two months ago. :wink:
Foil wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:32 pm
foilholio wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 am
North is on it's third generation of clicker?
You couldn't possible have any gauge on durability if that is true. Except the previous 2 generations must have had problems.
the first generation click bar had issues with line wear from the plastic splitter, needed for high V splits, I was using bandit kites back then.
then when the latest generation click bar came on line with the new thumb screw type splitter and reinforced lines where the splitter engages i quickly swapped over to them.

A few months later I changed out all my kites to Ozone Reos which fly without a V above the depower point.
To really appreciate the advances the click bar has made in the kite bar world, you need to use one for a few sessions, utterly brilliant.

never change a depower line again,
never have to untwist your center lines,
never have to worry about slipping depower adjustment,need to reach up to adjust power, ( one finger -click click depower) (or 2 finger click click power up)
never have to alter you body position while you click away,

massive bar throw if needed, or tiny bar throw like my Reo, just set the throw stopper to your liking and forget about it.
visual aids to inform you of how much depower you have left.
the list goes on, but as I said you need to borrow one to appreciate its qualities and features.
never even mentioned the safety release, but everyone knows it has been the bench mark for many years.

it cost's a bomb.
reassuringly expensive!

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Colin (Kiting Colin - Flexifoil Forum ?), - Ditch the North lines and buy these: ( I have a few sets and they are top quality Sk99 lines, 500kg)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SK99-dyneema ... 2787449994

Return to “Kitesurfing”