Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Airush Innovation - Load Frame Technology

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am

Airush Innovation - Load Frame Technology

We focus on every little detail, knowing that your time on the water and into our premium products is the essence that drives us forward. We have always been proud to make the most innovative and durable products on the market, refining each product in the key areas.

Understanding that the canopy and its seams are the most fragile part of the kite, we developed the load frame to fundamentally change this by removing as much of the structural load off of the canopy cloth and transferring this into the kite.

Read more about our kite technology here: https://airush.com/kite-technology/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1as74ssOdhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1as74ssOdhg

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Innovation - Load Frame Technology

Postby foilholio » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Innovation? Been done before. Proof it does something other than marketing? Seems to distort the canopy from what I have seen. Would not be good for aerodynamics but that is not something tube designers really care about so not surprised.

Let me suggest an even better innovation :-) and not a marketing one. Have your cloth manufacturer blend Dyneema fiber into it's yarns and cloth... next level fabrics.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 pm

foilholio wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Seems to distort the canopy from what I have seen. Would not be good for aerodynamics but that is not something tube designers really care about so not surprised.
:thumb: A friend has a 2 year old Union that has stretched between the frame, looks like a golf ball with all the dimples ...

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm

foilholio wrote:
Innovation? Been done before. Proof it does something other than marketing? Seems to distort the canopy from what I have seen. Would not be good for aerodynamics but that is not something tube designers really care about so not surprised.

Let me suggest an even better innovation :-) and not a marketing one. Have your cloth manufacturer blend Dyneema fiber into it's yarns and cloth... next level fabrics.

Company I worked for have done this for yacht sails

I also spoke to airush about it and the only issue was that the company I worked fir were reluctant to make a lighter weight prototype roll specific for airush when all the testing was focussed on sailing application

It would have been a way of creating an essentially burst proof LE and strut as it would have been an integrated rip stop made from dyneema

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:42 pm

windmaker wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 pm
foilholio wrote:
Seems to distort the canopy from what I have seen. Would not be good for aerodynamics but that is not something tube designers really care about so not surprised.
:thumb: A friend has a 2 year old Union that has stretched between the frame, looks like a golf ball with all the dimples ...
You can even see it on the marketing pictures, lol :lol:

I sometimes wonder why they even use those weak stretchy polyester panels between the frame. :roll:

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm

james wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm
foilholio wrote:

I also spoke to airush about it and the only issue was that the company I worked fir were reluctant to make a lighter weight prototype roll specific for airush when all the testing was focussed on sailing application

It would have been a way of creating an essentially burst proof LE and strut as it would have been an integrated rip stop made from dyneema
I think dyneema cloth will sometime be the next step in kite evolution. Have to wait for it to get cheaper I guess...

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm
james wrote:
foilholio wrote:

I think dyneema cloth will sometime be the next step in kite evolution. Have to wait for it to get cheaper I guess...
Waiting for a material that isn’t even production let alone in a kite specific application made by a single manufacturer that would then sell it to a kite brand to get cheaper?

You will be waiting a while!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:36 pm

james wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm
james wrote:

Waiting for a material that isn’t even production let alone in a kite specific application made by a single manufacturer that would then sell it to a kite brand to get cheaper?

You will be waiting a while!!!! 😂😂😂😂
It exists. But by the looks of it, not very suitable for kite fabrication yet because it's very slippery and prone to unravel at the edges. And the material itself is already expensive. But who knows, someday...

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm

windmaker wrote:
Question is what's worse: stretching between the frame and a kite that holds is original shape or an evenly stretched smooth canopy that completely changes the shape and profile of the kite.

ap888
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL

Postby ap888 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 am

evan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm
windmaker wrote:
Question is what's worse: stretching between the frame and a kite that holds is original shape or an evenly stretched smooth canopy that completely changes the shape and profile of the kite.
Yes someone must research or do a comparison. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”