Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core kites and kiteboarding industry sales this year

Postby Matteo V » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 pm
Toby wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm
I also wonder about the sales numbers mentioned.
25-35 k is a big span...if they knew numbers it wouldn’t have that span...so it is just an estimation.

The GKA should have better numbers, since they have the biggest brands organized and they for sure know precisely how many kites they sold.
If the GKA do know the exact numbers of kites sold by manufacturer you can be sure that they will be prevented by non disclosure agreements from publishing that information.

Established COREporations typically invest heavily in methods of preventing other "start-up" companies from succeeding to the point of competing with those established COREporations. Having numbers out there for anyone to view would possibly encourage some to enter into the market as competition. And you do not really need "non-disclosure agreements" as keeping industry numbers from the public is just plain common sense. That is why Cappycore is so valuable here for discussion. He lets lots of tidbits slip out that other COREporations would not.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm
but you do not strike me as a people person.
That's because you're a style free, Trump voting, climate change denying, creationist, God botherering, conspiracy theorist, septic tank, probably with no s.o.h either. :lol:

How can someone who's spent 48 years of his life selling stuff like this to beach loving folk not be a people person?

Maybe it's you that's a bit weird here, ever thought that? :lol:

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Not wanting to share with the group matteo?

Come on what’s your job? Industry you work in? How do you make or did you make your money?

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:22 am

G
I’ve baited this ‘End’ on other threads and I’m beginning to think it’s a Bot! It can’t be human. It’s a geeks sixth form project.
What is more worrying, I see do gooders telling me to ‘stop it and grow up, blah blah, yeah you know who you are.

Anyway keep letting those top secrets out and someone will figure out it’s an alien flying machine!

Good luck with this one boys

Badgb21 Out.
CaptainCore wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Matteo V wrote:
That's because you're a style free, Trump voting, climate change denying, creationist, God botherering, conspiracy theorist, septic tank, probably with no s.o.h either. :lol:

How can someone who's spent 48 years of his life selling stuff like this to beach loving folk not be a people person?

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:12 am

james wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Not wanting to share with the group matteo?

Come on what’s your job? Industry you work in? How do you make or did you make your money?
james, I know you are asking out of a sincere desire to find out more about me because you care so much, but I have to disappoint you. I am now pretty much a bum. Should that happen to give you "a warm fuzzy", then I am glad to have brightened someone's day!

I did construction engineering/management for 7+ years after university, but now I just do seasonal jobs so I can kite as much as possible. I don't really chase money as I lost my taste for that long ago. I really have what I need, and I feel that "working to get rich in order to buy free time with money is like trying to put out a house fire with gasoline".

And speaking of tying to put out a house fire with gasoline, if you succeed in your attempts to "Dox" me.........well that has been done in another thread to another poster recently.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2400299&start=120

Funnily enough, it is even a "Graeme F" (Cappycore) faceplant thread. Now don't get me wrong, I like Graeme F - because what he puts out on this forum is gold to us "worker kite bees"! But that thread informed lots of people here on this forum as to the depths some posters will go, specifically in reference to doxing. And just to be clear I do believe ulukayla was kind of a "victim of himself" in that thread and the following ones. But that only came out after he was doxed. Will I ever be doxed? SURE! I just ain't got nothing to lose by it. Thus you are barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for caring though, and keep digging. You can use my shovel.
Last edited by Matteo V on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Matteo V wrote:

How does the part in red even keep coming up from this guy? I can see him waking up from a drunken stupor every morning screaming that out. Though, I fully admit to the part before the red text.

And now he is accusing me of being a bit weird??? I mean, come on...........of course I am.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 am
And now he is accusing me of being a bit weird??? I mean, come on...........of course I am.
Out of politeness I didn't want to mention it before but since you mention it if by weird you mean on the spectrum I would agree with you.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:09 am

The margins were so good you could retire 7 years out of uni? Jeez and you think the kite game is run by the rich and powerful. ;-)

Fair play you wanted to get off the wheel, not sure why everyone else has to run to your tune though?

Dox? Really? You must overestimate my abilities and your self importance

Rabble on happily, just try and tone down the conspiracy rubbish a touch as it tends to get in the way of the points you are trying to make.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:08 pm

id take any sales figures with a pinch of salt, the bull$hit to come out of businees owners mouths... marketing strategy..

import export figures i would believe

shredded kites have been included in " we made xthousand kites" marketing hype

fact is kiteboarding is in decline, imo because if you dont introduce new younger riders into kiting in an exciting way to their age group ( ie not racing.. too expensive/ boring for most younger riders..) but freestyle/ waveriding) you will have no customers down the line in that bracket so you can still make margin.. this is exactly what has happened.

kiteboarding ate itself while focusing on high margin increasingly overcomplex formula one style products for middle income and high income, older riders.

there used to be a balance both ways, not any more.

anyone kiting since the begining will know how this has changed

windsurfing followed a similar pattern.

industry needed to support youth with affordable products, not race gear, not foils, not click bars, not bindings and not $300 harnesses..

investing in wholesale kite kit is scary stuff as can depreciate soooooo fast, huge potential losses

the kiteboarding industry should go back to basics, and also stop this nonsense letting world sailing be involved, its been downhill since the day they stuck their greedy unwelcomed $beak in.

core selling a kite setup for $3000+ aussie dollars and bar and lines for over $1000 dollars...
ok have some rediculous top end, what about youth.. what do they buy after paying rent, bills..

this thread gives me an idea.

Return to “Kitesurfing”