Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha Trimlite OD bar 2017 and Naish Pivot 2017 Kite

Forum for kitesurfers
protonbart
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Favorite Beaches: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Style: Freestye
Gear: Naish Park and Pivot and RRD obsession.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Trimlite OD bar 2017 and Naish Pivot 2017 Kite

Postby protonbart » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Experienced kiter, been using Naish bars with Naish park kites for years now and changed over to pivoit and felt id try the cabrinha bar. Need advice, I went out in 20-22 knots wind last day and normall with the 10m park id have to depower a bit and very comfortable then. With the pivot 10m, i depowered fully (doesnt have much on cabrinha compared to naish bar) and i felt out of control at times and unstable due to the speed and the bar being hard to handle. Thsi was due to too much power but my 10m park would have loads of wind rnage and be depower and able handlke that. I also have a 7m and now i feel that if too strong i need a 7m but 7m wouldnt have been comfortable powered in that wind. Looking for advice? switch bar to naish for longer depower (despite being brand new and costing a fair penny). Get rid of Naish Pivot. Try my Naish bar with the pivot to see how it feels.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Re: Cabrinha Trimlite OD bar 2017 and Naish Pivot 2017 Kite

Postby knotwindy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:11 pm

First thing to check is if the Cab bar is tuned right. Or fly the Pivot on the old Naish bar and see if it is the same on both bar setups. Can go from there.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Definitely get the correct Naish bar. I flew my friends 2018 Naish Pivot (11m) on a flexifoil bar and it felt bad. The kite was over powered in 25mph (82kg) and slow turning with little feedback. We both agreed kite flew wrong, he bought a new Naish bar and a totally different kite. I can now hold the 11m to 30mph and it seems much more responsive. The pivot is a fantastic boosting kite and very floaty, but the kite loops are tame and it can back stall a little (long time Naish Torch rider).

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 pm

The bar should be fine, any 4-line bar with low V works. I would check, if the lines are all equal in length. Maybe then add some pigtails to make the back lines longer, if the kite is too powered up if the bar is all sheeted in.

Anyway the Pivot 10m will equal a Park 11 to 12m in terms of power and windrange.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Pivots are punchy for their size. No reference for the Park, but compared to many other kites I've owned or flown.

Trimlite bar does seem to have a small amount of trim range. I know the Naish BTB bar has a really big adjustment but it's below the bar and some people don't like it. I actually think my Pivots fly the best on my Click bar 24m set to low V. Plenty of throw/trim and the kites fly perfectly with it.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Don’t be a kook. Learn how to tune a bar.

protonbart
Rare Poster

Postby protonbart » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am

Ok, great feedback here guys.
So i need to
1) Try the naish bar and see how it feels
2) Balance the Cabrinha bar - assumed balanced as its relativel new but good catch. Assume balance is same as tune.

The pivot is a fantastic machine but im wondering if i need to change my quiver now , 7/10/12

Glad someone agrees that cabrina trimlite bar has little trim. My naish depower is below the bar which is a pain in the arse but it works.

Great advice guys, thanks...ill try that and come back.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:45 pm

I (73kg) had Parks (2014) in 7/9/12 and when I moved to Pivots I took 6/8/11. Covers a similar wind range. I have a 2018/19 Naish Dash which is the predecessor of the Park in 9m and again it has a similar range as my 8m Pivot.

protonbart
Rare Poster

Postby protonbart » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Ok, just an update and thanks for all your help. That bar was unbalanced by about 8 inches at least....fucked up. the naish pivot doesnt have a big high wind range but its all good now after the balance, didnt think of it. normally i would but since it was new to me i didnt suspect it. thanks again.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 pm

protonbart wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Ok, just an update and thanks for all your help. That bar was unbalanced by about 8 inches at least....fucked up. the naish pivot doesnt have a big high wind range but its all good now after the balance, didnt think of it. normally i would but since it was new to me i didnt suspect it. thanks again.
Good to hear it worked out. Definitely a good idea to check the bar at intervals. I can comfortably ride my 9 Pivot to well over 30-35mph on a surfboard so that kite should have range. It does feel very different than the park and my guess is that once you get attuned to the new feel the pivot will have plenty range for you. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”