Forum for kitesurfers
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

most durable 2mm gloves

Postby edt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:48 pm

I used to wear thick gloves back when i was using a wetsuit down around 1-5c (33-40F) but now that I have a drysuit I'm using 2mm gloves as my core is so much warmer, the problem is find a neoprene glove that lasts more than 2 sessions. got brand new 2mm gloves and wore straight through them in one session yesterday.

Let me have your suggestions for the most durable 2mm gloves. 3mm gloves are not an option I can't stand how much 3mm gloves wear out my grip.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: most durable 2mm gloves

Postby iriejohn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Try ION Claw gloves which I think are 3/2.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 pm

I started using these a few years ago

https://www.amazon.ca/Glacier-Outdoor-P ... B00CEVD3SY

here in Canada and now everybody has them. They are great really warm and very tough. They are not specifically designed for kiting but they work great. Take one size smaller for a good fit the medium are perfect for most folks. The large are only for huge hands. It's an industrial neoprene almost impossible to rip.

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Ions never last long for me. gonna give these glaciers a shot tks windigo

Yodarocket31
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Tahoe, CA
Sherman Island, CA
Gear: North, Slingshot, F-One, Naish, Taaroa, Ride Engine
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Yodarocket31 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Perfect Curve glove by "Glacier Glove." 2mm, very grippy coating on the outside, pre-curved makes holding your bar very comfortable and eliminates any forearm pump. Nice and stretchy.

They are fleece-lined, so they can get smelly if you don't dry them out. Until they get leaky, I can invert them by pumping them with a little air using my kite pump.

I usually get at least one full winter out of each pair. At $24 on Amazon, you can't really go wrong. I recommend sizing down.
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029 ... UTF8&psc=1

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Ride Engine has the best 2mm neoprene kite specific glove (radically curves fingers) that I've found and used thus far. Durability is much better that some other kite branded gloves from my experience. YMMV
http://www.rideengine.com/2mm-Gloves_2

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Ride Engine has the best 2mm neoprene kite specific glove (radically curves fingers) that I've found and used thus far. Durability is much better that some other kite branded gloves from my experience. YMMV
http://www.rideengine.com/2mm-Gloves_2
Glad to hear the vote of approval, Da Yoda. I finally tore my NP 3 Finger mitts (2 years use by me is pretty good, I have to say) and wanted to try something different, so I got the RE 2mm gloves to use for this coming season. Since that's still a little ways off for me as of yet, it's good to know that you've used them and like them. :thumb:

Disclaimer: I sell both of these gloves

geir
Medium Poster

Postby geir » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 pm

They don’t say the thickness but having used 3mm I’d say 2mm.
https://www.powerkiteshop.com/prolimit- ... gloves.htm

Coming on a full year of heavy use, starting to leak but still pretty warm. Just came back from a session in 5 C˚ and 6mm hooded suit. Not cold at all. While still waterproof they’re light and toasty :)

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 pm

You possibly don't have this shop where you live but I have just bought another pair of these just in case:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/neoprene-cycling ... 4230467000

My original pair are still going strong after all last winters use. Basically see if a cycling shop has neoprene cycling gloves. Cheap but work very well for me.

BTW - don't work very well for cycling as they get too sweaty.

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:56 pm

gave the glaciers a try they lasted for 6 sessions. so I think I'm done with trying new gloves. Nothing lasts. I ride aggressive and for a long time, unhooking on a C kite even in the winter, with really hard grip bars, so even the glaciers had holes in them after a couple of weeks.

I guess there's only one glove that works. Well it's not a glove. The Dakine Mitten. The seams on my Dakine's have failed as they got old but the grip itself has never failed it's some sort of thin plastic. I'd rather have gloves, but the Dakhines will work I guess. Lakes around here just refroze so it's back on the ice and snow until March. gonna go rock and rock the white stuff this afternoon.

Anyway, that's just a feedback from me. Everything has failed me except for the Dakine mitts.

Return to “Kitesurfing”