Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo3 and Xensr compared

Postby deniska » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:35 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:36 am

Besides which, there was a load of fuss on here with people complaining about the accuracy with the guy jumping 16m on flat water. The average height there wouldn't have made any difference as the water was flat. I reckon he was just really good.
you mean this guy?
he is doing it with R1 and spotz
I saw him boosting HF in person (although not this session) and he is good...
Screenshot_20180618_183816_WOO_Sports.jpg
If some feel that it's impossible, well I don't want to ruin their believe system..

Here is a shot from my low wind session from a few days ago.. wind was roughly 7 kts, occasionally gusting to 12.. maybe :-)
A couple of TT warriors sat on the beach and never dared to rig.
average jump per woo was 7-8m which seems plausible from the gopro footage
This is not a race rig and I never felt really powered on the zephyr during the this session...
39257923_2134306673248465_9181487339690524672_o (1).jpg
here is a meter a mile away from the spot (I was riding 3-5pm)
39213533_2134328326579633_3797981756708093952_n (1).jpg
39213533_2134328326579633_3797981756708093952_n (1).jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Sure you could cheat the software if you wanted to (throwing the board up/moving the sensor from the middle of the board to one end etc) but what would be the point? I think the Xensr rep acknowledged that with the iwatch software you could punch the air at your highest point to get a higher reading. It might be interesting if watch software moved into the android market place as you'd potentially see more people doing Captain Morgan impressions instead of thrusting the board up high.
cheating? I'm cuz really its just measuring the height of the sensor thingy so if you deadman and its on your board of course you are going to get a higher number since the sensor is pushed to the max height. :thumb: thats not cheating its just how the toy works. dude do you hate the player or hate the game? :?: i love my apple watch and i look at the results as a rough gage of how high i sent it as my smarter friends tell me the error in these toys is pretty bad even though they give us decimal results. any idiot like me can see that its a measure of where the thingy is and given that the best place would be to mount it on your harness. taller? shorter? inverted, doesn't matter as where the loop is is same for everyone. Or am i missing something? (or do I need another beer)? :jump:

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:50 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 pm
nothing2seehere wrote:
Sure you could cheat the software if you wanted to (throwing the board up/moving the sensor from the middle of the board to one end etc) but what would be the point? I think the Xensr rep acknowledged that with the iwatch software you could punch the air at your highest point to get a higher reading. It might be interesting if watch software moved into the android market place as you'd potentially see more people doing Captain Morgan impressions instead of thrusting the board up high.
cheating? I'm cuz really its just measuring the height of the sensor thingy so if you deadman and its on your board of course you are going to get a higher number since the sensor is pushed to the max height. :thumb: thats not cheating its just how the toy works. dude do you hate the player or hate the game? :?: i love my apple watch and i look at the results as a rough gage of how high i sent it as my smarter friends tell me the error in these toys is pretty bad even though they give us decimal results. any idiot like me can see that its a measure of where the thingy is and given that the best place would be to mount it on your harness. taller? shorter? inverted, doesn't matter as where the loop is is same for everyone. Or am i missing something? (or do I need another beer)? :jump:
Not really referring to the board above the head thing (I think its a stiffy though - isn't dead man where you let go of the bar?). Thats personal choice and to be honest doesn't add that much height. You could arbitrarily just knock a metre off the height of whoever had the top score if you wanted to compare the board up score. At the end of the day if someone is hitting 15m say by putting their feet up - they are still going big!

mattrixx
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Adelaide
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mattrixx » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 am

Hi folks,
I just found this after searching "Xensr out of business"

I am still waiting (well not really anymore) for me RMA'd replacement Xensr... returned the faulty one in Feb 2017. Mmmm

'Anyway... does anyone still have a working one? It was so good when it was working, and more accurate than the silly iPhone "Session" app.
I've lost all communication with the company and I have no idea what happened.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 am

Mine's still working. I haven't used it a lot, I always forget to charge the battery, but it's more than a year old, and it's fine.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 am

Nice video with effort - and finally some used camera-horizon -plane level (with a drone). But with mast plane-video would not have battery issues and they would have got more jumps.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHMidSRxK8

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:31 am

Finally The prove they are useless..

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:59 am

Damn she's hot :naughty:

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 pm

I would REALLY like to see a vid like that above for Woo1 vs 3!

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:57 pm

V1 vs V3...will be awesome...im waiting the V4 too...more amazing high jump more records than ever for sure.. :jump: :jump:

Return to “Kitesurfing”