Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2019 Duotone Click Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2019 Duotone Click Bar

Postby purdyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

20181021_121232-01.jpeg
Note the difference in color nearly new versus one year old lines. I do kite in California but I don't leave my lines on the beach.

To me silversurfers line look fuzzy. I see the same thing on my lines at the kite end. Presumably simply from sorting out the lines each time. That fuzz would indicate to me some broken fibers.

The line is fairly rough to the touch so if it rubs against itself you will get fuzz.

It is also a fairly open 8 strand braid and easily opens up in compression

I have lines on other bars that did not fuzz up like the the duotone lines, were smoother, had a tighter braid, and were stiffer.

I just bought some liros dc pro sk99 lines and they have a tight braid, are nice and slick, and are stiffer.

I agree with sliver surfer in that I see no wear on the lines going through the bar. And I don't rinse my bar after each session and I always launch from sand.
Last edited by purdyd on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Teabageppo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 am

I've ridden north kites for years. Always wash my lines in fresh water. It still amazes me after all these years, North/duotone still stick with these horribly inferior line sets.

I've been saying this over and over again, but to no avail. People can vouch for my constant tantrums shouting "fckn north lines" as I try and lay out the one season old frayed lines sets...

For example I have ozone lines well used on a 2012 and 2013 bar that are still in awesome condition.

North/duotone lines after a season...rat shit.

we live in hope I suppose.... :angryfire:

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North

Postby COOP » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:49 am

I really do hope so Teabagger.
If they Duotone have a survey on the subject, I'd be pretty confident on what type of feedback they would get.

silversurfer_no
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Vargas, Pozo, Punta Maspalomas, Burras
Style: Waveriding
Gear: North/Duotone Neo (3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
ProWam 5’10”
Been thanked: 0

Postby silversurfer_no » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:51 am

I only do unstrapped wavesailing so not much in terms of rotations and loops except the odd loop to accelerate past closeouts. So hardly any sailing with twisted lines.

That said here is what I consider the only real drawback of the click bar: After spinning the bar to get the twist out the bar snags on the depower line as the twist does not go out by itself rapidly and the square rubber does not slide well through the bar when twisted.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:57 pm

silversurfer_no wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:51 am
I only do unstrapped wavesailing so not much in terms of rotations and loops except the odd loop to accelerate past closeouts. So hardly any sailing with twisted lines.

That said here is what I consider the only real drawback of the click bar: After spinning the bar to get the twist out the bar snags on the depower line as the twist does not go out by itself rapidly and the square rubber does not slide well through the bar when twisted.
The only time this has happened to me is when the depower throw stopper (the little clamp gismo on the plastic depower line) has been located near the end of it's maximum length, allowing the depower line to twist, and snag.
But this was my fault as I had not adjusted the throw length, which for me is around one third the length, allowing easy arm length bar spinning, which I do a lot when foil boarding.
So yes It will happen if the throw length stopper is located near it's maximum length,
But that is way way far away from normal riding distance, and I wear a seat harness which makes it easier to set the stopper further up🤔🤔🤔

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity

Postby mr_daruman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 am

Does that sweet bar come with Duotone sunscreen?

bostonwaterman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Boston
Favorite Beaches: Boston
Style: kitesurfing
Gear: LF Solo 12 m
Duoton:e Neo: 9,7,5 m
Duotone Click Bar (small)
Caution 6.1 (strapped)
Naish Global Wave 5.10 (strapped)
MItu Pro Model 5.10 (strapless)
Duoton Pro Whip 5.5 (strapless)
Brand Affiliation: LF, SS, Duotone

Postby bostonwaterman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:32 am

Just bought 2020 Duotone click bar 4 line for quiver of Dtone Neos. What’s up with the plastic bits that come on the front/center lines ? Are they really needed?

Small plastic black dial only needs to be used w other kites and plastic eyelet with metal inside to feed both lines through to clump things together and form a Y split, maybe comes in handy w 5th line?

Look at pic of Airton on Neos. Lines simply V out from top of CL LINE. Looks like he removed both plastic do-dads.

Just moved over some slingshot. Would love to simplify these center lines.
Attachments
078492AE-86F9-4652-9B0F-ABC7F345157E.png

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Yep, pull that trash off.

Save it for if you ever get a kite that requires the high Y or sell the bar down the road.

bryony
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: soul, solo, hydrofoil

Postby bryony » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:09 am

What a waste of money this bar is!

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 am

POACHER wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:53 pm
Yep, pull that trash off.

Save it for if you ever get a kite that requires the high Y or sell the bar down the road.
Actually, it might be better to just lower the V/Y-divider to close to the black depower tube, to save the red safety front line wearing out when it comes out form the tube. This divider will allow the both front lines come out parallel from the tube and hence no wear in the red QR safety line. Some people have had wear on the red line when not using the Y/V-divider.
These users thanked the author omg for the post (total 2):
zlatko23 (Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am) • purdyd (Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:43 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Kitesurfing”