Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

flysurfer soul: I need to know 3 things.

Forum for kitesurfers
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: flysurfer soul: I need to know 3 things.

Postby downunder » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 am

"Once again, talking out of your ass." - your level of culture is disgraceful. Let me pull the thread where you said that "you (me) are an ignorant cunt".

You just don't get that the World is not spinning around you and yourself. Just have a look how many times is about YOU.

Have a look at your level of communication:

"I love how people try to make conclusions out of their asses" - really? Is this how you talk with the community?

And than go back and check how many times I've said "it is a good kite". Nothing about ME, and MY riding. What more do YOU want!?

The bashing of everyone who does not think as yourself is not a dialog. You are a BULLY, you are bullying everyone on your path. Everyone.

What's wrong with my mentioning of two deflate valves? I'm forgetting ALL the time to close them, do not have 1 kite as yourself, but 6. All different.

And yes, I've flown 10m and 12m Soul...So what, who the f.cuk are you that WE all need to defend our choices? Yes, really, who the f.cuk are YOU to use your level of communication (apologies to everyone else, namely Toby)?

Don't you realise that people are scared of your constant bashing of their opinion? Particularly non native english speakers who are quite shy and I am NOT? My agenda is to tell you that you are an bully. If no one else will.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:50 am

downunder wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 am
"Once again, talking out of your ass." - your level of culture is disgraceful. Let me pull the thread where you said that "you (me) are an ignorant cunt".

You just don't get that the World is not spinning around you and yourself. Just have a look how many times is about YOU.

Have a look at your level of communication:

"I love how people try to make conclusions out of their asses" - really? Is this how you talk with the community?

And than go back and check how many times I've said "it is a good kite". Nothing about ME, and MY riding. What more do YOU want!?

The bashing of everyone who does not think as yourself is not a dialog. You are a BULLY, you are bullying everyone on your path. Everyone.

What's wrong with my mentioning of two deflate valves? I'm forgetting ALL the time to close them, do not have 1 kite as yourself, but 6. All different.

And yes, I've flown 10m and 12m Soul...So what, who the f.cuk are you that WE all need to defend our choices? Yes, really, who the f.cuk are YOU to use your level of communication (apologies to everyone else, namely Toby)?

Don't you realise that people are scared of your constant bashing of their opinion? Particularly non native english speakers who are quite shy and I am NOT? My agenda is to tell you that you are an bully. If no one else will.
I don't bash everyone, I bash you because of your bullshit. As I have said numerous times, I tell it how it is. Are you going to try to threaten me like you did last time about this being a german forum and some bs about being against the law. I called you an ignorant cunt because you were one. Good to know that you finally got to ride the kite. About time since you were previously bashing on it without even seeing one in person. I'm not the only one that has called you out on your ignorance either so please save it for someone who might care :roll:

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 am

Here you go Downunder, some examples of your bias and why I call you out for your spreading of bullshit:
downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am
There must be some trade off, it is just not discovered yet. Actually it is, since you claiming that you got it for a good price, this means the first owner sold it because of...(*)?

One thing is a worry tho, if the kite is that well sealed, what happens with the moisture inside of it when stored?

There is a reason why I ask, since I do wash my kites if taken salt water, and dry it after. Even the condensation can't evaporate from inside. Sure, this is irrelevant when new, but when the mold attacks the fabric, it wont be. And no matter what, some ppl just hate discoloration.

Something to think of isn't it...I'm sure AL will know the answers already, kinda like, who cares if it's flying good ;) Than back to *.
downunder wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Oh, wow, so there are TWO openings for deflation! Great !

Thanks for that! now we know there a twice the chances to forget to close it! Plus TWO on the tips which makes it 4! Right.

Great kite, I have no doubt. Time will tell how it will really perform.
downunder wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:38 am
Dude, I'm not your dude.

You simply don't get it. The relaunch on this video is a controlled crash. If you're crashing in a controlled way, I'll use your own words, maybe it's just you.

1) Please explain how can a well 'sealed' kite survive a number of crashes on the LE with no consequences (check #4).
2) Are you crashing in a controlled way knowing exactly where the kite is after?
3) No backstall? From FS site: "Trust in the high backstall resistancy" - How on Earth you'll self land the Soul? A 'little' backstall for self landing? :bye:
4) Profile. Look how thick that is: https://www.iksurfmag.com/reviews/kites ... -10m-2018/ - And THAT is making it easier to relaunch. The enormous amount of air. It's a balloon. How much time is needed to deflate it? Or to inflate it? Not important hey. But sure there is a compromise somewhere, just wait to find it. And people will find it rather soon (check this http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2399899&p=1019064, adjustment on a brand new kite? really?).

God, also, change the behavior by reducing the kite lines, dunno, to 18 or 20m (and I've seen 15 maybe). Why on Earth would anyone do that for a free riding? So if the tips tucking in, well, shorten the lines...Ton of crap. One can have loads on fun on 35m lines and 5m kite with a HF. LOADS. No need for a balloon. The FS Boost 2 5m is a good example.

Sure, if you have a lot of disposable income, go for it. Mind you, I've paid Sonic 9m Eur380, and R1 11m Eur442 (all in immaculate condition), enough said about the depreciation. :cool2:

Sure, I'll take it for a ride. When I'll get it for above price. Till than, I'll rip my HF like a rocket, improving my skill.
downunder wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:49 pm
Ok, I get it. It is a brand new kite and 'sealed'.

But think of this, if that well sealed what will happen when crashed on a LE? Something must give away tho. Sure, the vent will open, but again how if that well sealed ? :naughty:

Time will tell I guess. I do have bad experience with Boost1, so will rather wait for Soul3....
All examples of before you even tried the kite.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 am

All the hate needs to go to PMU’s foil topic please

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:52 am

grigorib wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 am
:thumb:

fodendeyo
Rare Poster
Gear: Foil kites. Twin tip
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fodendeyo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:19 am

downunder wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 am
AL is trying to sell us 15m lines, is it now.

Soul is not a tool for everything, and in smaller sizes like 10m and smaller, Soul is way way less exciting than in bigger sizes like 12m and above. Just by reading this, all riders ARE on bigger sizes. Since edt did not really specify the sizes, we can argue forever ;)

I do not know any rider at my local with a bigger foil than 13m. There is almost no market for it here.
I have a 6m Soul - now become my favourite kite. Surprising wind range for such a small kite and great up wind. Can be exciting if you let it in the right amount of wind.

F

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:26 pm

grigorib wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 am
I agree! :thumb: :thumb:
fodendeyo wrote:
downunder wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 am
AL is trying to sell us 15m lines, is it now.

Soul is not a tool for everything, and in smaller sizes like 10m and smaller, Soul is way way less exciting than in bigger sizes like 12m and above. Just by reading this, all riders ARE on bigger sizes. Since edt did not really specify the sizes, we can argue forever ;)

I do not know any rider at my local with a bigger foil than 13m. There is almost no market for it here.
I have a 6m Soul - now become my favourite kite. Surprising wind range for such a small kite and great up wind. Can be exciting if you let it in the right amount of wind.

F
What would you say your low end is on hydrofoil on the 6m? I've been debating getting one for awhile. I really love my 8m, I'm out on it while most are on inflatable 12's. I just prefer a smaller foil, it's more playful and overall fun to fly.

=J-

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:19 pm

It looks like my words are turned inside out just to blame the kite.

Always a kite is stable compared to another. I speak from my experience and I have seen a lot of times that full racers get out of gybes super fast but if they do a minimal mistake the freakin race kite normally overfly the ww, lose tension and into the drink, and I don't have that problem with the Soul.

And I would add that in the gusty conditions I normally ride I would never chose a foil kite over an inflato. It depends on the spot you ride. In mone when the wind is steady, is super steady (onshore), and when is gusty is super gusty ( side-side off changing non stop).

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

I like to fly foil kites in gusty conditions. I don’t like pumping and I like the boosting ability of a foil. I have Core XR5 in 7 & 10m, but the 10m Soul has taken their place. The Soul has so much range and it is just awesome to ride in powered up conditions. You just rocket into the sky, but still float down nice and soft.

I can’t wait to try it on the snow. :thumb:

fodendeyo
Rare Poster
Gear: Foil kites. Twin tip
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fodendeyo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 pm

[/quote]

F
[/quote]

What would you say your low end is on hydrofoil on the 6m? I've been debating getting one for awhile. I really love my 8m, I'm out on it while most are on inflatable 12's. I just prefer a smaller foil, it's more playful and overall fun to fly.

=J-
[/quote]

Can't say about the foil low end. I bought it as I intend to foil as soon as I can and wanted it for that and for higher wind on a TT. Was so keen to try it I went out in wind that I would need at least an 8m for and was amazed it worked so have carried on using it whenever I can (I do use a reasonable size TT). It has a real pull when you fly it fast down or up which gets me up on the board then - because it is small and fast - I can sine it and get going. Very stable in higher winds.

F

Return to “Kitesurfing”