Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Suggestion for Carribean travel with girlfriend.

Forum for kitesurfers
b2ride
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggestion for Carribean travel with girlfriend.

Postby b2ride » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:58 pm

Hey all,

I was hoping the forum could give me some insight as to where I should travel this March or April since I'm dying to get in the water.

I was hoping someone could make a suggestion on where to go for a couple in their mid 20's for a kite trip. I was hoping of MAYBE getting her a few lessons. Ultimately the most important amenities would be a launch that isn't super crowded where I could walk right out from where I am staying to rig and go.

I can handle any conditions whether it be flat or waves and really have no preference provided she can lay out close by from where I ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a nice place but not looking to break the piggy bank either. Anything more than $135 a night would be too much for this kind of trip.

Ideally I would love a place I could ride the trades everyday and be able to see her on the beach while I was riding. Then perhaps get a lesson for her somewhere close by. (been trying to decide if I should get her into kiting but she keeps asking me). Then come night time a nice place to eat and get a few drinks but nothing crazy since I'll hopefully be worked from riding all day. :D

Thanks...

seedless
Rare Poster

Postby seedless » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:23 pm

Coche Island, Venezuala.. I am dying to go there myself, sounds just like what you are looking for,

http://www.xtremebigair.com/venuezuela/

http://www.hotelcocheparadise.com/index_eng.htm

:thumb:

kitebored
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitebored » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:20 am

I'm taking the non-kiting girlfriend to cabarete for a week, and she's excited about it..... so maybe check that out

we're both 21 and we're staying in a hotel for $40 total per night.... you could prob find a quite decent place if you want to spend $100.

http://www.activecabarete.com has lots of info.

b2ride
Rare Poster

Postby b2ride » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:35 am

Thanks for the prompt reply's.

The thing that concerns me about Cabarete is the crowds. Lets just say my girlfriend doesn't want to kite or worse yet...doesn't like it...I can't see how laying out among 50 kites zipping around on the beach crashing etc... can be relaxing for her. Maybe my impression is wrong.

Any input?

:roll:

laurel
Medium Poster

Cabarete's alternative

Postby laurel » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:01 am

Aloha!

Our spot in Cabarete is perfect for non-kiteboarding girlfriends...

We have a beach club where she can chill out by the pool, relax in the sun, have a drink or a snack, check out the action on the viewing terrace, sleep in the hammock, read a book and basically just enjoy...

The best thing is our location, just 5 minutes walking on the beach to Cabarete village where shopping and many nice places to eat and drink are here...the nice thing about Cabarete is that there are so many good romantic restaurants for you to treat her to! :thumb:

The hotel we work with is less than 100 meters from the beach club. We can offer you a lovely room with breakfast for 2 on the terrace overlooking the bay for only 41$ per night.

To check it out, visit http://www.laureleastman.comand visit our gallery page...

Hope that helps and enjoy your holiday planning!

Aloha,
Laurel

PLans
Rare Poster

Postby PLans » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:48 am

Consider Cancun Mexico, it is beautiful, you girlfriend can do lots of things while you kite. She´ll love it.
And there are beaches for every wind direction...

Check it out...

tonyh
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dollymount, Dublin.
Gear: *

Postby tonyh » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:44 pm

For Barbados, contact Steve at redeyekiteboarding.com, can help out with accommodation as well, or stay at Silver Rock or Silver Sands Hotel.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:46 pm

I say check out a few places. Get a ticket on American, stop in Puerto Rico, waves wind malls 5 star resturants, great sight seeing etc for the girlie...no visa, full on rocking nightlife and no crowded kiting. Then from PR you can get to any other island in the Carribean and its the same price after the stop off in PR. Get more than one stop for your airfare dollar.
Aloha Royce.
http://www.kitesurfpr.com

KiteRider Canada
Medium Poster

Barbados kiteboarding

Postby KiteRider Canada » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:50 pm

We recently visited Silver Sands, Barbados. Super ridin' & a great bunch of guys. Highly recommend it. Not too crowded....lots of good local places to eat, drink, & ride all day long. Be sure to check in with Steve (redeyekiteboarding.com ) at Mike's Bar, Junior & Arnon at Siver Sands Mistral Club or Brian Talma's shop on Silver Rock beach for local kite info.
Enjoy!
Daniel
Sauble Beach Kitesurfing School
http://www.kiterider.ca

b2ride
Rare Poster

Postby b2ride » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:33 am

Guys thanks for the input. While I think I would love Barbados a few friends who have been there several times say she might get a little bored since there isn't much night life. Once the day is done...it really doesn't compare to some other islands in the Carribean from what I am told. Who knows I may be wrong. I think Royce hit it on the nose when he said we should check out a couple places, but something is appealing about just getting there and relaxing the whole time and not having to travel around.

I guess there are worse decisions to be made out there. :idea:

Return to “Kitesurfing”