Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019-2020

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot RPM 11m 2018 like new $600, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New brighton beach-Derby pool end,Wallasey, near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: holidays - Flag beach fuerteventura
Home - New Brighton,Rhosneigr, Ainsdale, Fleetwood, Newbrough
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Groove Skate 130, naked carbon,gold stripes
Moses T38 black, 2020 edition
Indiana foil 120cm
101cm amd 82cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr
Ozone Chrono V3 UL foil kites - 9/11/13
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone compact V4 bars,click in, 15-23 mtr lines
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Foil » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 am

grigorib wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm
Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.
its worth remembering that when using the 633 you only need a small kite up, maybe 1 or 2mtrs less than smaller wing users, my most used kite for the 633 is my 8mtr, however if I want to swap over to my 637 race wing set I have to change my kite also, unless of course the wind has picked up and I find there far too much lift from the 633,
I don't enjoy using my large kites with the 633, I find the 10 and 12tr kites much less agile than the 633 wing, whereas the sizes of 9mtr and below are much better matched for the 633, and for the 637 race wings the 10mtr kite is superbly matched, the 12 is good for very light winds.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot RPM 11m 2018 like new $600, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

Foil wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 am
grigorib wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm
Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.
its worth remembering that when using the 633 you only need a small kite up, maybe 1 or 2mtrs less than smaller wing users, my most used kite for the 633 is my 8mtr, however if I want to swap over to my 637 race wing set I have to change my kite also, unless of course the wind has picked up and I find there far too much lift from the 633,
I don't enjoy using my large kites with the 633, I find the 10 and 12tr kites much less agile than the 633 wing, whereas the sizes of 9mtr and below are much better matched for the 633, and for the 637 race wings the 10mtr kite is superbly matched, the 12 is good for very light winds.
I prefer not to ride anything larger than 9m at all. Large kites are slow and not as much fun. I guess there are times I need the 11m but rarely so.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 90,105,110cm
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 se
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Hyperlink V2 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I've had some sublime sessions on the 633 and Sonic 2, 13m in 8-10 knots. I know this is not considered light wind by many, but being able to go anywhere and do 35km/hr in 10 knots is mind-blowing. Having a blast when in the past would have been skunked.

ap888
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am

Are the 2019 foils out now? or are those 2018 on there website...I’m guessing they are not out I would have seen on there social media pages... :whenitsdone:

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot RPM 11m 2018 like new $600, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:21 am

ap888 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am
Are the 2019 foils out now? or are those 2018 on there website...I’m guessing they are not out I would have seen on there social media pages... :whenitsdone:
The only new wing announced is 873 and it’s out on both Instagram and in Moses website.
Another rumor I saw in the thread is 81cm mast to be announced in spring.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 90,105,110cm
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 se
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Hyperlink V2 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 pm

What about the new race set up?

ap888
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Why change wing design if it’s already amazing right.... :remybussi:

User avatar
NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 pm
Style: Wave
Gear: .
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby NYKiter » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 pm

They shouldnt paint everything black....as soon as the first scratch occurs...then the buffing makes things look like garbage when the black top coat comes off.....

ap888
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:54 am

Look better with clear coat or leave them raw


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests