Frequent Poster
Weight: 74
Style: Wave Kitesurfing
Gear: North Neo 6, 8 & 11, Appletree Applepeeler 5 7" and Gong Lethal 5 6"
Brand Affiliation: None

New Foam Pad for my Slingshot Celeritas Surfboard

Postby vela99 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

Hi

I am looking into the possibility of refurbishing my blue Slingshot Celeritas. The original pad is starting to look ugly and I was wondering if anyone has been able to find the original blue/green Eva pads somewhere? I have not been able to find it on the official web nor on any other web.

Any suggestions where to look? If I cannot find the original pads for replacement or they are too expensive I may consider a change in look.

Thanks.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Re: New Foam Pad for my Slingshot Celeritas Surfboard

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 pm

vela99 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am
Hi

I am looking into the possibility of refurbishing my blue Slingshot Celeritas. The original pad is starting to look ugly and I was wondering if anyone has been able to find the original blue/green Eva pads somewhere? I have not been able to find it on the official web nor on any other web.

Any suggestions where to look? If I cannot find the original pads for replacement or they are too expensive I may consider a change in look.

Thanks.
I'd suggest this source.
https://northshoreinc.com/store/pc/view ... ategory=13

I wouldn't even worry about original pads as you might end up with "better than original".
Post a report on replacement, once you're done

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 pm

vela99 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
I can't confirm for sure if they supply to Slingshot, but Hydroturf is a supplier to a lot of manufactures in the various water sports industries. They have grip in the same Royal Blue? and Lime Green color with the same "Small Diamond" tread pattern. I'd bet it's the same or very close...
https://www.hydroturf.com/hydro-requestsup

The next best thing imo would be WMFG's grip pad for pintail surfboards...
https://wmfg.co/products/wmfg-traction- ... l-deck-pad

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:30 am

grigorib wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 pm
vela99 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
I'd suggest this source.
https://northshoreinc.com/store/pc/view ... ategory=13

I wouldn't even worry about original pads as you might end up with "better than original".
Post a report on replacement, once you're done
This, I get the full Monty double layer. Taking off the stock pads is a bit of work.

vela99
Frequent Poster
Weight: 74
Style: Wave Kitesurfing
Gear: North Neo 6, 8 & 11, Appletree Applepeeler 5 7" and Gong Lethal 5 6"

Postby vela99 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks a lot. All of the sites have something that suits me. I would go for diamonds shape pads.

WMFG
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: WMFG, Mystic, Naish, Amundson, Firewire
Brand Affiliation: WMFG Founder
Has thanked: 0

Postby WMFG » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Those factory fitted pads are going to be a PITA to get off. They glued on during production in the Far East.

Six Pack Classic in Dark Blue is in stock in USA, email info@wmfg.co if you need help finding a dealer, etc.

Return to “Kitesurfing”