Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

High Pressure kite by Bruno Legaignoux

Forum for kitesurfers
brunolgx
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: High Pressure kite by Bruno Legaignoux

Postby brunolgx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 am

Am I complaining about their distribution model ? (you are a distributor or shop owner, right, to feel that concerned ?)
I just listed some ways of decreasing equipment price.
I owned 2 brands using the same model... That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to adapt to new conditions (technological, economical, market evolution...)

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 am

james wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Also if you are going to design a new sport, sell the licence to a bunch of manufacturers to do with as they please in return for the money they just gave you, it’s a bit much to then sit there and point the finger of blame for high costs at the people that paid you.

Blaming thier distribution models when they are an already established network is frankly taking the piss.

If you didn’t like how they distribute and the costs associated with it then dont sell them the licence.

Saying you are working with two brands on the HP product, I hope to Hell they are factory direct or you are as complicit in the high costs as the brands you complain about.
We have heard of “standing on the shoulders of giants,”
But what is this, “pissing on the shoulders of giants?”
Thanks to bruno you are not now reading “onlne golf forum” or “slow boring sailboats forum”
Taking the piss indeed, james.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 am

brunolgx wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 am
Am I complaining about their distribution model ? (you are a distributor or shop owner, right, to feel that concerned ?)
I just listed some ways of decreasing equipment price.
I owned 2 brands using the same model... That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to adapt to new conditions (technological, economical, market evolution...)
Not anymore, I used to work In distribution but got out maybe 6 years ago?

Saying you are not complaining about distribution models and then suggesting ways of removing the veryvthing that distributors add in the name of saving money is false in my opinion.

While I applaud the effort in developing new tech to make kites more affordable putting that back through the standard distribution model will still lead to higher costs than you had planned/hoped.

Am I grateful that Bruno invented kiting as we know it? Yes I am? Very!

Does it mean I have to blindly agree with everything he says? No.

brunolgx
Frequent Poster

Postby brunolgx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm

A forum is made to everyone express her/his opinion.
I repeat that I made a list of known ways to reduce the consumer cost, without expressing any judgement about their value. Sorry if it wasn't clear in my post.
BEST and others removed the middlemen in the past. Good for the market ? Good for themselves ? I don't know. I said that I'm personnally working on one of these ways : cheaper manufacturing technologies.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm

MKGA!

(Make Kiteboarding Great Again)

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:44 pm

Any update on HPK?

Nowadays I'm very satisfied with my FS Soul 15m light wind kite, but if you could have all that performance (or slighty less) with inflatable safety when the wind drops ti zero that would be awsome.

I tried one struts and strutless and just doesn't have the of performace I'm looking for.

brunolgx
Frequent Poster

Postby brunolgx » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:43 am

Not really. Several brands are working on the concept but it will take some time to get a marketed product.
These users thanked the author brunolgx for the post:
windsuks (Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:43 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm

For $89 will you deliver to my door one of these new kites?

Because that is a very affordable price for a kite isn't it? Here is the surprise you can already get a decent kite delivered to your door for that price today. For all the berating of a certain style of kite construction, because a few posh brands starting with O and F choose to charge very high prices, what type of kite is this $89 kite, well a foil kite.

Mr Bruno, interesting concept I hope it works out. Couple things, stiff things and bridles ain't friends, nor do they like little metal pointy things. Bringing a compressed cylinder of gas to the beach is just a bit stupid. Not stupid as to pump your kite up but stupid as an overall idea. Using a bike pump, well I find manual pumping a deflated bike tire a little frustrating. Looks like 10-20x+ the amount of effort over a bike tire for these kites. I have to say I am not sure I would kite if I had to pumpthemup, such a hassle. I also have to say after many years for the amount of use and the durability, foil kites even the expensive ones offer the best value you will find in a kite or even any gear in kiting. Then the kicker foil kites are the cheapest not the most expensive to buy.

All that said I really do intend good luck. I like better things. I have long thought the large tube was detracting from the performance of inflatables. My path the reduce it would be to increase the bridles. Which has successful precedent ala Ozone first kites.

Oh and your weight comparisons are way off. I think something like the CA Pulsion Ultralight would be a good target to compare against.

thewindego
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Gear: core and windego boards

Postby thewindego » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:38 pm

brunolgx
Frequent Poster

Postby brunolgx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 am

Well, I'm happy to reply constructive posts. In your case nothing to say, think whatever you want. Let's wait and see what will happen. I have no financial interest there (probably not your case) so if it doesn't work I don't mind. Just trying to help the market to grow...
These users thanked the author brunolgx for the post (total 4):
Toby (Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:34 am) • nixmatters (Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 am) • purdyd (Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 am) • rolfjoosten (Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 am)
Rating: 12.12%

Return to “Kitesurfing”