caduo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha Moto

Postby caduo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:15 pm

but sblade,enduro and rally are quite different kites and is not so fair to be compared,anyway,about the moto i have 7 and 10,riding ttips, surfboards and foils,the kite does exactly what the brand claims,just expect a bit less hangtime than the sblade.

Jake-Skymonster
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Longniddry, Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm

If you're looking for "for lower bar pressure faster turning with good jumping abilities" it's either Cabrinha Moto or Core Nexus. Ozone Enduro ticks the boxes too. I've spent loads of time on Moto for everything from TT to surfboard to foiling and for an all-round kite it's excellent. Same with Nexus. My FX rarely comes out of the bag unless the wind's perfect to do something really stupid. Both have less bar pressure than Switchblade, both won't boost as much or hang as long as Switchy but it's not a massive thing unless your main aim is to beat WOO records.

When you think about it, where SB is 10/10 for boosts, Drifter/Section 2 is 10/10 for strapless and FX/GTS5 is 10/10 for loops and freestyle then the Moto & Nexus are about 8/10 across the board. Can't go wrong with either bud!
These users thanked the author Jake-Skymonster for the post:
nixmatters (Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:17 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks that’s helpful! Have you tried the newer drifters on a twintip - do they boost well ? If Moto is 8/10 are they similar or more like 5/10?
I can also keep the switchblades for pure boosting days and get a drifter for strapless and some hooked in free ride.

caduo
Medium Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby caduo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:16 am

if you are not 100%on a surfboard there in no really reason to go for the drifter ,as the moto behaves really well in strapless riding,better than the fx or the sblade,jumps better and also has a slightly better wind range especially in the low end than the drifter

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Gear: 2021 Cabrinha Drifters - Naish Pivot - Flysurfer Peak4 - Core Choice - Firewire Vader 5'2 - F-One Phantom

Postby Strekke » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am

SolarSet wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:22 pm
oh man can you please stop repeating same on same on "best to test gear before you buy it" great advice from cabrinha dealer, one of the biggest if not the biggest kite manufacturing company which has loads of demo days.
It is virtually impossible to demo all kites you consider to buy as most of the spots will have particular brands which doesn't mean you have to buy something you can only demo.
Second thing what are the chances you can ride back to back on the same days two different kite models in similar conditions? Another thing is that kite will behave differently in different wind condition, that's I would value more opinion of someone who has a kite for a bit rather than rode it once.
? Ever heard of multi-brand demo days, where all the shops come together on a windy day and pump up all the toys to fly them back to back for 30 minutes each? Those are very common in kiting locations where you have several shops/brands represented on the beach. And even if you miss those, go to a kite shop and ask what kites they have up for testing, and if you ask nicely and leave proof of ID, you can often take a few to test back to back on a windy day. So it's totally possible to fly multiple kites back to back on the same day.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 am

I heard about demo days and even seen but it they take place few times a year in very kite specific spot not necessary where everyone lives. This time of year most of northern hemisphere is winter season and not chances you get these events now. Kiteshops will lent they gear but not always as soon as their plastic bag is open kite loses 20-30% value especially if it sold later as "testing kite". I don't believe they will even give you any size you want. Unless you guys live in some place where testing any kite you like anytime is very easy!
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post:
Mr_Magic (Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:58 pm)

THOR_NADO
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Land of the Vikings
Gear: Non

Postby THOR_NADO » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Where I live is it more than 80km to the nearest dealer of kites, and it is only open i the summer... Next dealer is 250km away... So I try to read as much i can...

Beardytello
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic

Postby Beardytello » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm

SolarSet wrote:
oh man can you please stop repeating same on same on "best to test gear before you buy it" great advice from cabrinha dealer, one of the biggest if not the biggest kite manufacturing company which has loads of demo days.
It is virtually impossible to demo all kites you consider to buy as most of the spots will have particular brands which doesn't mean you have to buy something you can only demo.
Second thing what are the chances you can ride back to back on the same days two different kite models in similar conditions? Another thing is that kite will behave differently in different wind condition, that's I would value more opinion of someone who has a kite for a bit rather than rode it once.
I think the "test gear first" thing is a very valid point, it is absolutely the best thing to do. However I do find it frustrating personally as I live on an island though with only about 10 other active kitesurfers. It costs on average about £300 to do a round trip to somewhere where I could test a new kite.

I find I just try and get as many real world viewpoints as possible then go for whatever seems the best...and hope!
These users thanked the author Beardytello for the post:
THOR_NADO (Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:42 pm)

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:02 pm

THOR_NADO wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 pm
So, compared to switchblade, ozone enduro v2, slingshot Rally, which one do you choose? And why?
When reading Iksurfmag it seems as ozone enduro v2 is the winner?
1.80m/82kg/cannot jump because of ACL damage. Mostly TT but SB when conditions are right.

I've had all three kites, and have had Enduro V2s (6/8/10/12) since November 2017. They are light (3 struts), depower really well when you sheet out, and are very manouevrable really nice multi purpose/all round kite with light(ish) bar pressure. By comparison I found that the Switchblades pulled like trucks and the Rallys kept on pulling even when sheeted out. Beautifully made too. But you have you fly them, they're just not sheet and go like the Switchblades and Rallys. The westtestkites review is spot on.

https://www.wetestkites.com/2017/12/08/ozone-enduro-v2/

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:21 pm

SolarSet wrote:
????? Would you rather I say "just go buy a Cabrinha"?? Demos are great. We built our brand on them. Would you buy a performance car without test driving it? I can't help it if other brands don't do demos and instead they place tons of ads in magazines so that they get a good review, or they send their ambassador to do the review for the magazine. Trying the gear yourself is exactly the way to make a purchasing decision.

Return to “Kitesurfing”