Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kite size for Majorca - June

Postby Beardytello » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am

apollo4000 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 am
Last two years in Pollenca I’ve used the 14m more than anything else. I’m 13st.

Six sessions over two weeks and mostly 14m with the odd day on the 17m. Once on an 11m when there was a storm but that’s rare. I can’t foil but if you can, you can go out everyday on the right setup. Best times are 12.00 to 16.00.

Also go out from in front of the kite/sup shop Pura Vida (lovely lovely people, link below), better angle of attack and you’ll easily get upwind and out of the way of the schools and other riders bunched up in front of the beach. It’s onshore wind most of the time so you need to have a good run to get up wind.

https://www.puravidamallorca.com/en/spo ... -mallorca/

There’s a tiny spot midway around the bay but launch and landing is on a tiny bit of beach where you have to be in the water, bit dodgy.

Don’t go from the old ice house (building on the beach) as it’s busy and harder to get upwind and you end up flying your kite over the road if not careful or continuously walking backwards.

It’s shallow and warm. Once out the back it’s awesome, wind stronger, fewer kiters and loads of space.
Thanks dude, this is golden :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”